Syracuse, ny - round 7 group grain buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still waiting to hear back from some who I work with and may be adding on some bags for them if we do a 3rd pallet.

The hops splits are awesome - if all fills up, I'm looking forward to stuffing 21 lbs of hops into my freezer.

I'm kind of surprised at the lack of interest for the Willamette's though - one of my go to hops and for $6.16/lb, how can you go wrong.

Anyways - well done gentlemen.

I was surprised by the lack of willy as well. But hell maybe I am just crazy. I pretty much think it is super reasonable to have 2-3lbs of each hop on hand for these prices. :D

I have a lb of quite a few of these hops on hand already, but can't walk away from the prices.

People are gonna think we are dividing up a stash of illegals when they walk in on our hop split operation haha. I can see swat crashing in now.

ALL KEEP POSTING GRAIN INTEREST

I was surprised by the lack of willy as well. But hell maybe I am just crazy. I pretty much think it is super reasonable to have 2-3lbs of each hop on hand for these prices. :D

I have a lb of quite a few of these hops on hand already, but can't walk away from the prices.

People are gonna think we are dividing up a stash of illegals when they walk in on our hop split operation haha. I can see swat crashing in now.

That's why I added a second pound, even though I already have most of a full pound on hand (that I paid a bit more for... ahem).

On the flip side of waiting for a third pallet - I need this to close up soon so I stop adding things! The wife isn't going to be too pleased when I bring this order home.

Yeah much harder to quickly package 15 lbs of hops haha. I hear you on the closing it part - my greenbacks are taking flight!

By the way guys - spoke with Mparsons and it looks like he will be getting back to me monday tuesday ish. Will keep you posted.

I'm still waiting to hear back from some who I work with and may be adding on some bags for them if we do a 3rd pallet.

The hops splits are awesome - if all fills up, I'm looking forward to stuffing 21 lbs of hops into my freezer.

I'm kind of surprised at the lack of interest for the Willamette's though - one of my go to hops and for $6.16/lb, how can you go wrong.

Anyways - well done gentlemen.

The only reason I didn't jump on a couple # is because I just recently bought 2# from Hopshack when they had their great sale (I think I paid $6.99/#).

Edit: Just signed up for #1 Williamette and 1# Columbus, even though I have about 2# of each sitting in my freezer. Please, please close this thing up soon so I stop buying things.

copyright1997 said:
Title says it all: Columbus - Split 11 - Price is missing (it has $0.00 as the estimated price from the catalog)

Yeah I will fix that tomorrow. Out of town right now and no access to a pc.

I am interested in grain and hops. Have not had a chance to read through the current group buy - i will likely be in for a few sacks, some splits, and some hops.

Read through the posts. I am up for 5 bags of grain - maybe more depending on how much is needed to close out the 3rd pallet - plus I am interested in some splits. I am up for a few pounds of hops - but wouldn't want them unless I get the grain (fairly far drive). Is anyone traveling from Utica? I live close to Cooperstown but frequently am in Utica and Little Falls.

Added another pound of Magnum - 22 lbs altogether for me if everything fills....

What is the time frame in which the 3rd pallet needs to be filled to be considered?

So far I have total interest (14 bags); Need 19 more bags in order to go for the next pallet.

westo, we are shooting to close the buy around may 8 or so at earliest (that is when we need to get ~ 14 more bags of interest by or we will just go for two pallets. looks like we are almost there).

Drmark - see the sheet for the hop types and bags that are available. There is also a tab for people who are traveling from different areas for coordinated pick up. In order to view the sheet you would have to email Jeffb418 with your contact details and keep in mind that until we commit to another pallet the grain buy has been closed up.

Did you count my interest in two more bags in that total?

yes see post number 2 for the estimated bag interest broken down by name.

I put in for a gallon of star san, is anyone else gonna jump on some? 4 gallons is definitely too much for me. If not, I'm gonna need to go buy some separately.

I could add another 4 bags if we go to a third pallet.

So far I have total interest (18 bags); Need 15 more bags

We are getting really close - guys round up some interest - I think that we can make it worth a 3rd pallet.

Looks like if we are gonna go to a 3rd pallet, we need to close the buy by this Friday. Think that's possible?

I could go another 3-4 bags of base malt to get the 3rd pallet plus some splits.

Yes let's do it...I will commit to add today. I just updated the DOCs to include my additional 3 bags.

Jeff please capture our current totals on your sheet and we will try to fulfill interest and track on post 2, or your sheet, whatever is easier.

Here is what I have:
------------------------------------------------------
3rd Pallet Interest
So far I have total interest (23 bags); Need 10 more bags

BryanJ - 5 bags plus hops
Cidahmastah - 1 bag
bellinmi88 - 3 more bags
gcdowd - 1 more bag
drmark50 5 more bags (4 more and some splits)
Bierhaus15 - 4 bags

We will need to close the order up by THIS FRIDAY

If we don't meet the total goal then we will not go for the third pallet.

Stand by while I check with Jeff to see if we will track the grain bags on the main sheet. For now you can still post hop interest on the main sheet.

EVERYONE PLEASE READ
DELIVERY:

1. Delivery is currently planned to be JUNE 2, 2012

2. We will close the order with or without the 3rd pallet this Friday.

3. Post your bag interest to the forum where I will manually track it on post #2 of this thread.

Note: Bellinmi - please reduce the order sheet to your original bags and let me know what bags you would like IF we get to the third pallet.

Please give me qty and order name.

Everyone else do the same with regard to your grain interest for the third pallet. Pull out all the stops this is make it or break it.

Im in for 3 bags of CM-2ROW, 2 bags of CM-SPIL, and an extra bag of marris otter(couldnt find it on the order sheet) totaling 6 bags instead of 5. I'll look up hops in a little bit.

I may have some buddies who might want DME but before I ask, I want to be sure we're still doing it as part of this order. Also, is anyone else going to do star san? I am currently in for 1 gallon.

gcdowd said:
I may have some buddies who might want DME but before I ask, I want to be sure we're still doing it as part of this order. Also, is anyone else going to do star san? I am currently in for 1 gallon.

I just put in for some STARSAN

I am having trouble adding hops to the list. Here is what I want for grain and hops. PM send to you CM

BULK GRAIN/HOP ORDER

BZ-WHT Wheat - 1 sack
GB-PILS Pilsner malt - 2 sacks
BD-PALE English pale malt - 2 sacks
BD-MOPA Marris Otter - 1 sack
BD-MUNH Munich - 1 sack

Splits
Victory
Aromatic

Hops
Hallertau Mittlefruh- 2 lb
Saaz - 2 lb
Magnum - 1 lb
Fuggle - 1 lb

Would like but is full
EKG
Cascade
Norther brewer

Chemical
STARSAN

3RD PALLET ORDER ENTRIES:
Go ahead and enter what you would order as if we are going for a 3rd pallet in the normal sheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvGGgq4iC1v4dExZaVhjeEFrbU5jVEhKQnJqNDh5bmc#gid=0

If we don't reach the goal for a 3rd pallet by Friday night, we will order (for grain) what is posted on this locked sheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvGGgq4iC1v4dFo5MjB1Mi1fdmNIUXI2RVR4MkhGZHc

Still enter all hop orders on the normal sheet. We will use this for either order (2 or 3 pallets).

I am having trouble adding hops to the list. Here is what I want for grain and hops. PM send to you CM

BULK GRAIN/HOP ORDER

BZ-WHT Wheat - 1 sack
GB-PILS Pilsner malt - 2 sacks
BD-PALE English pale malt - 2 sacks
BD-MOPA Marris Otter - 1 sack
BD-MUNH Munich - 1 sack

Splits
Victory
Aromatic

Hops
Hallertau Mittlefruh- 2 lb
Saaz - 2 lb
Magnum - 1 lb
Fuggle - 1 lb

Would like but is full
EKG
Cascade
Norther brewer

Chemical
STARSAN

I got you down for everything above but the Victory split since we cant buy Briess Malts. The Aromatic is Best Malt as well, you ok with that?

Also double check what I added you for.

Added myself to the Rochester group. Not sure if I can volunteer for driving or not - my schedule is all over the place and now I've added babysitting my granddaughter to my plate. Hope it's ok with CBK and jdowling.

3RD PALLET ORDER ENTRIES:
Go ahead and enter what you would order as if we are going for a 3rd pallet in the normal sheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvGGgq4iC1v4dExZaVhjeEFrbU5jVEhKQnJqNDh5bmc#gid=0

If we don't reach the goal for a 3rd pallet by Friday night, we will order (for grain) what is posted on this locked sheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvGGgq4iC1v4dFo5MjB1Mi1fdmNIUXI2RVR4MkhGZHc

Still enter all hop orders on the normal sheet. We will use this for either order (2 or 3 pallets).
thanks Jeff!

On another note for Rochester - Does anyone have about 10# of pilsner malt they can spare? I want to try a Saison but only have basic 2 row on hand.

We should start an area specific trade thread. It sure would beat the heck out of LHBS pricing.

WAORGANY has dropped out of the buy, but only had 1 bag. I am removing his bag from the current 3 pallet order and the 2 pallet locked sheet.

On another note for Rochester - Does anyone have about 10# of pilsner malt they can spare? I want to try a Saison but only have basic 2 row on hand.

We should start an area specific trade thread. It sure would beat the heck out of LHBS pricing.

I still have an unopened sack of bz pils. Let me know what you have to trade. Am still looking for small quantities of specialty grains.

jeffb418 said:
I got you down for everything above but the Victory split since we cant buy Briess Malts. The Aromatic is Best Malt as well, you ok with that?

Also double check what I added you for.

Verified. Thanks.

jeffb418 said:
If we opened a handful(4-5) of 1/3 bag split options, would people jump on those to help get to the goal?

I would. Crystal, melanoidin to name a few.

Back