Time for Second Brew...Any suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

efgilley

Reaction score
I have just bottled my first batch and want to start right away on the second batch. However, I am still working the kinks out of the process..(spilling tow gallons of iodophor in the kitchen, pitching the yeast without checking the temperature, checking the hydrometer with undiluted wort). It turned out GREAT!
So, I am looking for something tasty and easy where I can throw in the hops.

Here is the fun part for you guys...I LOVE BEER! I have not met on I do not like, sp I am open for anything.
:tank:

First batch was the Red Devil Ale Kit from EDME. Sorry about leaving this off the first time.

EF, tasty next batch that you can throw in hops that is pretty straightforward would be a standard IPA kit. You can get one from your LHBS or from one of the many online sites you see around, Midwest Supplies, Austin Homebrew, Northern Brewer, etc. You can have more fun if you buy an extra ounce or two of Cascade Hops and after your first week in the primary fermenter, when you rack your brew in the secondary, throw in that oz. of Hops (called Dry Hopping) and have fun. You can either throw them in loose or in a hop bag. Search the site for "sanitizing hop bags" and you will find a few techniques to do that and with marbles. Have fun.

I highly recommend a wheat beer. Maybe a Blue Moon Clone. I buy from Midwest Supplies mostly, but there are several very good sites on the net. :rockin:

Currently brewing my first batch, it's an IPA. Bottomline IMHO, if you love hops you cant go wrong with a pale ale or an IPA.

Back