popular liquid level sensor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

max4260

Reaction score
Hey guys,

This is my first post so go easy on me (eep). im a huge electronic buff (have a degree from dunwoody) and these set it and forget it systems really grab my eye. as im looking around for parts that most people use the only thing that im not seeing are the liquid level sensors (other than the LLE honeywell ones that are only rated to 160ºF or contain led, depending on the model).

so my question to you is what sensors are you guys out there using? thanks for all the help in advance!:mug:

Haven't gotten that far yet, but I plan to use the 'bubbler' method with the pressure sensors the guys over at BrewTroller are using ... I think thats the best method so far?

There are voltage output wet transmitters for about $120, or you can DIY build with the free scale sensors and air filled tube. For the wet units mounting them below keg in a cooler location would be the best approach. You still need to scale and offset signal to calibrate sensor reading in gallons/liters in the software and you also need the temperature compensation formula to correct the readings as the density changes with temperature to remain accurate over working temperature range of vessel.

When daydreaming I was thinking of using ultrasonic sensors, apparently these would not work well with foam though but this could be an advantage to control boil overs.... maybe.
Add a pressure sensor at the bottom and you can calc out SG.

Latest posts

Back