Another from Tallahassee, FL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackBearForge

Reaction score
Hello all, I've been a craft beer fan for a number of years. I particularly love APAs, American style IPAs, Oktoberfest style lagers and robust porters (truthfully there are few styles of beer that I have tried that I don't like). A number of friends of mine home brew and I figure it's about time I learned to brew myself. I'm looking forward to the journey and learning a lot here and at the North Florida Brewers League I just joined as well!:mug:

Meant to add that I have not bought any of my equipment yet but have participated in a number of the brewing's of my friends including all-grain. I have read several books on the subject and am currently researching my way through John Palmer's "How To Brew". I consider this an extension of my love for the "fire arts" being a bladesmith myself and even have helped run a number of iron smelts creating iron from ore.

Welcome to the "other" board. Trust me, between here, BA, and homebrewing you will no longer have any free time. Kiss your wife and kids goodbye and strap in.

Welcome to the "other" board. Trust me, between here, BA, and homebrewing you will no longer have any free time. Kiss your wife and kids goodbye and strap in.

I've been recognized! You know how the old saying goes, "in for a penny, in for a dollar" or something like that. Thanks everyone.

Great to meet you at the NFBL meeting. Anything questions I can answer or any help I can offer, I'm there. Welcome to the obsession!

Great to meet you at the NFBL meeting. Anything questions I can answer or any help I can offer, I'm there. Welcome to the obsession!

Thanks Rich, it was good to meet you too and I'm sure I will take you up on your offer! I hope to buy my basic equipment at the end of this week and we'll see where it goes from there.

Back