My Little Shopping Trip

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evets

Reaction score
I paid a visit to Mr. Steves' HBS in York, Pa. today. It was my first time there. Very nice shop, indeed. I picked up a few items to try out my new Barley Crusher mill.
grain001.jpg

That's a fifty # sack of Maris Otter on the right. I did'nt get any US 2-row this time. Maybe next time. I'm brewing something tomorrow. I don't know what yet, but I'm brewing something!Maybe a nice IIPA. Whatever I brew, I'll be pitching the Dead Guy/Pacman yeast that I washed this week. :mug:

Pretty much. In my short brewing career, (20 something batches) I've not yet made the same thing twice. I figure I may as well be prepared for just about anything. Kinda like a boyscout, ya know! "Be Prepared" :mug:

Anyway, I've decided to brew the BrewPastors "Indigenous IPA" with just a couple small tweaks, just for the hell of it. I've milled my grain, made my starter and I'm ready to brew tomorrow! BTW the Barley Crusher mill works great! :mug:

Evets said:
BTW the Barley Crusher mill works great!
Cool! Did you hand crank it or use a drill? Change any settings?

Mine just arrived and I have to wait till Friday before I get to grind the inaugural grain.

MyBarleyCrusher.jpg

EdWort said:
Cool! Did you hand crank it or use a drill? Change any settings?

Mine just arrived and I have to wait till Friday before I get to grind the inaugural grain.

MyBarleyCrusher.jpg
I did about 20 seconds of hand cranking and then attached the drill. You definitely want to use a drill. I didn't change the factory setting and got a great crush. I brewed today and my OG was 065, compared to my target of 063. Fly sparge went off without a hitch. I maybe shoulda got the extra large grain bin like you did.

Latest posts

Back