Your Favorite Food/Beer Pairings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KingBrianI

Reaction score
I'm enjoying a Samuel Smith's Old Brewery Pale Ale right now with some nice aged gouda. It's awesome. The caramel richness of the beer pairs perfectly with the caramel/toffee flavors of the cheese. And the slight sharpness and bit of saltiness in the cheese then cuts through to clean the palate to get it ready for more of the beer. What's your favorite pairing?

Pretty standard response, but I recently had some "insanely hot" buffalo wings and a Bell's Two Hearted Ale.

Oh, it was heaven.

Man oh man where do I start?

My favorite pairing is a schooner of something basic, like 8 ball oatmeal stout or Samuel Smiths take on the recipe with a medium rare steak, garlic mashers and some grilled asparagus. Ipa also goes well with this simple dish. A nice fatty burger and a pilsner is also very nice. The pilsner is crisp and refreshing and doesn't fill up your gullet.

I like amber and pale ales paired with curry dishes and most other Asian foods, though a lager or pilsner works nicely too. I'll get back to this thread, I need a beer.

For some reason, hoppy and chocolate work really well for me.

I was drinking some Stone 13th Anniversary with some buds and someone whipped out some brownies.

It was the weirdest, most awesome combination. Very unexpected.

Oysters and stouts are nice.

But above all: Pliny the Elder and ANYTHING!

Just had a bottle of Wychwood's Bah Humbug Christmas Ale last night with some good 85% cocoa dark chocolate. Uber-****e while the beer was cold, but at 8-ish *C (not sure what that is in F) when the spices in the beer start to come through more clearly it was magic. The soft cinnamon married beautifully with the intense chocolate, and the residual malt sweetness lightened the bitterness. If you get some Bah Humbug try it with dark chocolate after supper or for a late snack, just do yourself a favour and don't serve it too warm.

Latest posts

Back