Oxygen?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IPAman

Reaction score
I am gathering all my new equipment to start AG. Another thing I want to try is adding oxygen to my fermenter. I purchased the Oxynater, regulator/diffusion stone. Where is the best place to get a tank? do you get oxygen from a medical supply house ? thanks for the advice

You can Get Medical O2 bottles from your local weld gass supply shop or Medical Supply Store. or Perhaps just get a small DOT bottle from your weld shop.

I get the red canisters at HD - and I have a "regulator" (read valve) that fits their left-hand-thread.

You mention that you have the stone & regulator already? - find you what the regulator will fit on to. If it is the same kit found here, it looks like you need the little red canister from HD or Lowes: Brewcat.com Homebrew Supplies: Oxynator Kit

You can Get Medical O2 bottles from your local weld gass supply shop or Medical Supply Store. or Perhaps just get a small DOT bottle from your weld shop.

As was mentioned in another current thread on the subject, and tested by me just now; in MI, at least in my vicinity, medical tank refills as swap only and w/script only.

most places will require a script for medical o2, plus its much more expensive than regular o2.

my company sells o2, and the only difference between our medical and our industrial o2 is that we analyze every medical bottle for purity. the industrial doesnt get checked. its all basically the same it all comes from the same pump and the same bulk tank

most places will require a script for medical o2, plus its much more expensive than regular o2.

my company sells o2, and the only difference between our medical and our industrial o2 is that we analyze every medical bottle for purity. the industrial doesnt get checked. its all basically the same it all comes from the same pump and the same bulk tank

I've heard this same thing over and over; that the only difference is the storage tanks and then only their certification or the care in handling.

Latest posts

Back