Great Bar..Asheville NC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

histo320

Reaction score
After a long weekend on the town, friends and I created our Top 5 Bars/Pubs in Asheville NC. Not sure why, it was mostly drunken rambling but here is what we came up with.

5. Scully's - a little college, but good beers on tap.

4. Mellow Mushroom - a pizza place but lots of good ale

3. Thirsty Monk - Belgian downstairs, american upstairs

2. The Biergarden - tons of beer and ales, freaking great

1. Barleys Taproom - The best selection of local brew and ales.

I second Barley's.

I have been to the other one in Greenville SC and was amazed. The pizza with Beefalo wasn't bad either.

Its a bit out of the way but head over to black mountain and hit the Town Pump. Its a great little local dive. The beer selection is always changing and as i have not been there in a few months i can't say whats in stock but the best thing is the atmosphere. Weekends brings great music and unless the hippies have taken over completely Sunday night is Bluegrass night where all the locals bring out their instruments and jam. Man i miss having a place like that to go here in the raleigh area.

Its a bit out of the way but head over to black mountain and hit the Town Pump. Its a great little local dive. The beer selection is always changing and as i have not been there in a few months i can't say whats in stock but the best thing is the atmosphere. Weekends brings great music and unless the hippies have taken over completely Sunday night is Bluegrass night where all the locals bring out their instruments and jam. Man i miss having a place like that to go here in the raleigh area.

The Town Pump rocks! I can't remember what they serve up either, but I had a great time there a few year's back. What a great little town too!

Weizen,

Sure enough. Right directly across from the Mast General Store.

In fact, look cloasely & you will see me in there today!!!!

Back