Keg to Bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rightwingnut

Reaction score
If I were to keg, and wanted to share my brew with a friend elsewhere...could I fill bottles from the tap and cap them, or would the beer not hold any carbonation? I feel like I know the answer...it would not...but I'm not sure.

rightwingnut said:
If I were to keg, and wanted to share my brew with a friend elsewhere...could I fill bottles from the tap and cap them, or would the beer not hold any carbonation? I feel like I know the answer...it would not...but I'm not sure.

It would. You'll want to get one of these, a counterpressure bottle filler

Pretty cool idea...if you search hard enough around google, you can save tons of money and make one yourself for about 10-15 bucks.....

Yeah counterpressure bottler is the only way to make it really work. You can just put beer in there and cap it, but it'll be less carbonated.

The thing about bottling with a CP filler is you want to have a buddy there big time. The filler seals against the bottle, usually with a rubber stopper like a carboy stopper, so the beer can be filled under pressure. When you pull it out, it wants to foam, so you need to get it capped quickly. One guy filling, one guy capping is the only way to go.

Fun toy, for sure. Cheers! :D

Back