Draft-Beer Box from Miller.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"MillerCoors's new Home Draft systems are meant to be placed upright in a refrigerator, which will keep the beer fresh for about 30 days. The price per ounce is roughly 15% higher than for an 18-pack of the same beer, MillerCoors said."

wtf... so it's more expensive than buying a few cases

The question will be if it's reusable/re-fillable by us homebrewers. If so then I'd grab one for the next party since I still know some people that ask when offered a brew "does it taste like Miller Lite?"

"MillerCoors's new Home Draft systems are meant to be placed upright in a refrigerator, which will keep the beer fresh for about 30 days. The price per ounce is roughly 15% higher than for an 18-pack of the same beer, MillerCoors said."

wtf... so it's more expensive than buying a few cases

But, it's in a box.:(

Interesting... I remember reading about this technology somewhere else. If it's the same type of setup I saw, the beer is actually uncarbonated, and the contraption on the front of it is actually a carbonator.

Could make for some interesting hardware to salvage, once somebody else has done the dirty work of draining the miller lite out of it...

I feel dirty after reading so much disgusting marketing-speak in the WSJ article:

• a string of new products and package innovation from beer giants grappling for market share in a crowded, slow-growing industry
  • "In this economy, we are seeing an increase in packaging innovation"..."In many cases, it can be less costly [than creating a new product] and a very effective form of innovation."
  • The company continues to focus on innovation in packaging "in a way that reinforces the premium nature of" its brands
  • The company's research has shown that the most loyal consumers of its light beers "associate with sports in a dramatic way."

I know that any WSJ article is going to focus on business, but the only mention of actual beer, instead of packaging, was about creating a 55 calorie Budweiser. Gah!

-Steve

But you see, you can actually pick out the complexities of the fine Miller Lite draft as long as it is drank out of the correct glassware instead of a twist off bottle. :sarcasm:

The question will be if it's reusable/re-fillable by us homebrewers. If so then I'd grab one for the next party since I still know some people that ask when offered a brew "does it taste like Miller Lite?"

BINGO! This what i'm thinking but I will not buy them just go to parties and pick up the empties. May have to murder one until ot can be figured out houw to clean and refill your own homebrew. This will also need a repaint or decal of your own lable.

Not to steal the OP thread another small keg from the past below.
I just found my Hamm's Draft Beer aluminum Tapper container; contents 2 1/4 gallons with the tap lever in the front recessed area. The rear is recessed with a 3 1/2" opening a plastic plug held in by a snap ring. Property of Reynolds Metals Co. Leased to Theo. Hamm Brewing co. 12" tall, 7 1/2" diameter top and bottom with the center 9 1/32" diameter. Barrel shaped. It was to be a gas tank on my shifter gas scooter (no license plate required) but too nice as a complete unit to cut and tig fittings into.
Anyone know the era of these aluminum Hamm's kegs?

Back