Co2 regulator needs new stem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kmcogar

Reaction score
I'm trying to take off my old regulator stem and I need to put a new one on. I see I need to put a Alan wrench in the regulator stem to turn it.

Which way do I turn it? I don't want to turn it the wrong way and make it tighter.

Can anyone help?

Man, I'm trying.......I'm trying hard. This thing any turn. Not even budge. Any secrets to getting these things off?

Here's a couple pics.

The connection on the right needs to come off. I stuck an Alan wrench in there and theres is NO movement. It's killing me. There's gotta be a secret way.......

image-3441297707.jpg

image-3176810146.jpg

image-1035225913.jpg

Yeah I'm trying to. I'm not sure what it's there for. I got it in eBay. If I can get that piece off I could put this stem on that I have and have a double regulator.

It's hard to see but on the inside is a hole to put an Alan wrench to tighten it on and off. But I'm getting nothing. I don't have a vise. I do have vise grips. I don't really want to put the vise grips on the threads though. I might be able to use it for something later.

That's a strange configuration with the short threaded coupler inserts on both sides. I can't find anything set up like that on the Micromatic site.

It looks like that hex keyway is galling. Your best bet might be to unload everything from inside the regulator body and try heating up the fitting...

Cheers!

Make sure its not left hand threads, mine say so on the back, both the stem and the high pressure are left hand threads on mine.

I feel stupid asking this but I just want to be sure. LH THREAD means turn the nut......which way?

Man, I tried and tried but this thing ain't budging. What to do.....do you see that little black ring on the regulator, next to the thing in trying to get off.....? Would that hold it on? I guess the next step is a welding shop

Back