Same batch different beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rapt0rBrown

Reaction score
I must be doing something at time of bottling so I was wonder what other brewers are doing.

My last ipa is very clear, at least that was what I thought after the first bottle. The next bottle is very cloudy. The first beer has ok head, the second beer has tons of head. The first has large bubbles running from the bottom to the top the second has small.

I assume that I must not be distributing the priming sugar correctly, but was looking for advise.

So how do you bottle?

Thank you in advance,
-Andrew

When I bottle, I typically use 3/4 cup of Corn Dextrose and boil in about a pint of water. I then pour the liquid into my bottling bucket and give it a little stir with a sanitized metal spoon. My carbonation and head retention is pretty much spot on consistently. What method(s) are you using?

To the first questions, 2 months in the bottle and they were all kept together. 1 month in the fridge, some are still not in the fridge.

2 months in my basement at 65-70 degrees, 1 month in fridge at 35.

My current process is corn sugar to boil, cool then bottom of bottling bucket rake on top then one good stir (trying not to add too much air to the process).

I just had an undercarbed bottle of beer that was bulk primed, and the one before it I gave a friend and it was a bit overcarbed. I may add some stirring to the bottling procedure.

I always make sure that my priming solution is a few degrees warmer than the beer. The priming solution also goes into the bottling bucket first.

Between racking the beer onto the priming solution, and having the priming solution slightly warmer, it always gets mixed evenly. All of my beer within any specific batch I do, is carbonated consistently from bottle to bottle using this method.

I do both of those, although the priming solution may be a little more than lightly warmer. This is the first bottle (or two) where there has been an issue, so maybe it was a difference in fridge time or a bad seal in the cap or something, though it looked fine after I pried it off.

Back