New Lagering Freezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthrobe

Reaction score
Well after many weeks of probing through craigslist, I finally found a freezer for a good price. I picked up this one for $80 the other night. She is a little older, but holly smokes is there some good room. I can fit 5, 5gal carboys inside and still have room.:rockin: I wired in the Ranco today and set the setpoint at 68 with a 3 degree cooldown before shutoff. This thing went all the way to 61 and still is at 65. That was over 8 hours ago. Has not turned back on yet!!
2278-0725071506b.jpg

2278-0725071506a.jpg

2278-0725071506.jpg

holy toledo, that is a lot of room! I want to do something like this pretty soon. I suppose I'll let my wallet recover from all my recent brewing expenditures

homebrewer_99 said:
You didn't lift that full carboy in there by the handle did you?

You know it's not strong enough to hold all that weight. :eek:

Hahaha...yes I know. I had one arm under it. I need to get some of those carboy straps:D

Inside length is 47", Depth is 24", and Height is 31". My calculation have it at ~18cu Ft.

anthrobe said:
I can fit 5, 5gal carboys inside and still have room.:rockin:
Yeah Dude, you oughta be able to fit around 10 carboys total....look at EdWort's gallery. He's got a 19.9 cu ft.....you gotta go out and get yourself some more cornies....yeeeeehaw!:ban:

anthrobe said:
Inside length is 47", Depth is 24", and Height is 31". My calculation have it at ~18cu Ft.

Very nice! Please post some pics once you get more in there. Time to fill it up!!
:rockin:

Oohhh! I want one! I've actually had a wanted ad on CraigsList, but I haven't found the one for me yet.

That's a nice big one you got there!:D

Man....suddenly my 10 cu ft that fits 4 cornies is getting small on me.....

Back