Morebeer.com 14 gallon fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julohan

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone use this one? I could only find the Blichmann conical being talked about and the Morebeer.com heated and cooled conical.

I am leaning towards the morebeer.com 14 gallon regular conical. I prefer the welded fitting. Is everyone pleased with these conicals?

I haven't used a morebeer conical. But have you loooked at Stout Tanks? They make a 14.5 gal for about $450 and they get great reviews.

I don't know. I've been looking for a while and their price is the best I've seen. I like the idea of transfering under pressure but I can't justify paying $800+ on one. I want two conicals so that limits what I can buy. Stouts newer versions have a locking ring for the lid so perhaps it can be pressurized?

So I emailed Stout conicals and he replied that the conicals can do a CO2 transfer up to 4 psi. He said that they would be able to do a custom order for a an adapter for connecting CO2 like morebeer.com has.

I recently revisited the MoreBeer site and checked out their conicals again. It is appealing they have a 1.5" dump and they are made in the USA. :rockin: The part that is not so appealing is the $895 price tag. :( That's $65 more than Blingmann...who is always overpriced.

One thing that I noticed that is a concern for me is the lack of any type of handles. I will need to carry the fermenter up a few steps from my patio into the house once it is filled. Although this may be short term until I dedicate a fridge for fermentation, it will be an initial issue. Maybe fabricating something like a BrewHauler for a conical would work.

My LBS stocks the Blichmann 14g Ferminator (non-pro), so I am familiar with the quality. It would be nice to see the MB conical up close to compare. I'm definitely undecided on which is the best choice for me, but manufacturing in the USA may sway me toward MB.

So I emailed Stout conicals and he replied that the conicals can do a CO2 transfer up to 4 psi. He said that they would be able to do a custom order for a an adapter for connecting CO2 like morebeer.com has.

Well I'm definitely getting two with the fittings installed. Did he mention what the option would cost? I am wondering if Stout is going to eventually switch to the ring closure they show on the 14 gal special order conicals? I would much prefer that to the bulky overhead screw clamp deal.

He said it would not be much more in price. But, it sounded like you needed to order them by Friday to get the order in September.

Hmmm, his facebook thingy says special orders will be delivered in September, but are the stock items taking that long as well?

Back