3 Tank system with water pumps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billk911

Reaction score
I am building a new brewing system that will have 2 large tanks and one mash tun. I was wondering what type of water pump tp use and if anyone has a link on a step by step process on how to do this. It will all be side by side with the mash tun in the middle.

I am building a new brewing system that will have 2 large tanks and one mash tun. I was wondering what type of water pump tp use and if anyone has a link on a step by step process on how to do this. It will all be side by side with the mash tun in the middle.

The most popular pump in homebrewing is probably the March 809 HS. It's rated for temps higher than boiling and is made of food grade materials.

You can get on ebay for about $115 shipped:

http://cgi.ebay.com/March-809-PL-HS...698?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3364819bb2

As for how to do it, there are a million ways to skin that cat.

Not sure how many words a picture is worth in today's economy, but something like this?

179694_10150091927544655_789424654_6024082_5284301_n.jpg

Use the march 809's like walker posted above. They are pretty much standard for the single tier systems.

pumps.jpg

Use the march 809's like walker posted above. They are pretty much standard for the single tier systems.

Yeah... I myself don't use one, though. :D I have a little giant pump, but only because I got a crazy ass deal on it. I didn't suggest it because it runs up around $250 normally (I got it for $130).

or the chugger pump is a cheaper alternative and seems to be the same pump. Another option.

Yeah, I had originally typed that in my message, but I could NOT find a link for them where they could be bought, so I erased that part and just posted the part about the 809.

Ironically, chuggerpumps.com doesn't sell the chugger pump. It actually sells march pumps. :drunk:

Bendbrewer,

I like your two tone. I definitely noticed your red!

Mine is powdercoat by tiger drylac powder coating's #RAL3002
100 bucks to do my frame.

Walker, any pics of a chugger pump?

Snake

ok.. weird. looking at that pic of the chugger pump, it has the exact same logo as is used on chuggerpumps.com, but chuggerpumps.com does not have any chuggers for sale.

I wonder if they are currently just sold out or something?

I literally cannot find an online link to buy a chugger.

Google claims it has one at pumpsforless.com, but the link doesn't work and searching that site shows no results.

I like the looks of that chugger pump,thanks for posting that. It definitely looks like someone copied someone. Seeing that green pump gave me an idea. On my next stand i'll take the pump cover off and have them powder coat it for me to match the frame. We're cookin with gas now!
sanke10

Back