Upright Piano Kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Icewalker

Reaction score
Firstly sorry to the pianists and purists out there ... Oh and sorry if this has been raised before .. I did a search but nothing came back.

Has anyone converted an upright piano into a kegerator/bar yet? I was browsing through craigslist and came across an upright piano free for the taking. It seems to me that with the addition of a drip tray where the keyboard used to be. Some insulation and of course the cooling ... one of these things would make a pretty damn nice bar/keg setup.

If anyone has done one ... could ya post some pics?

TIA

Jeff

I know a guy who did this but without the kegerator part. Unfortunately I don't have any pics.

Here's what I have found so far ...

5.jpg

I think this is most definitely a doable. Now to find a freebie piano and convince my Mrs to let me dismantle it in the garage

Brilliant idea!

BUT!

Why not install a sound system in there too? A nice, cheap, MP3 controller and some powered speakers at least! Of course you'd have to have it playing ragtime piano tunes...

Brilliant idea!

BUT!

Why not install a sound system in there too? A nice, cheap, MP3 controller and some powered speakers at least! Of course you'd have to have it playing ragtime piano tunes...

Dunno about the ragtime ... maybe some 'Chas and Dave' :D

Holy crap, I was thinking the same thing since I have an upright piano sitting in my garage that the previous owner left behind...

there are free pianos all over my ares on craigslist all the time. this is an an awesome idea. now, someone do it first so i can just take your ideas.

Bastids! I was just searching CL for free things to put my keezer in (to class it up a bit.) I thought I would be the first one to build a key-ano!

Back