Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha, ghetto! What would you have done? I've got some real handles on there now, but the important part is I was able to successfully pour pints when my order was missing the handles.

in the end thats really all that matters....i probably would have drilled through the bottom of a beer bottle and made a tap out of the bottle. Or just plain wood. Beer bottle seemed like a cooler idea.

I'd post a picture, but we are currently free users - and really, it looks hardly different than anybody elses, except for perhaps our beer glasses on top.

thanks again!

--Robin

Hey, I was able to talk Krlang (Robin) into e-mailing me the pics of her kegerator, so I could post them up for her.

Enjoy everybody!

krlang_kegerator.jpg

krlang_kegerator_close.jpg

Hey folks: Here's my keezer complete w/ perlicks Thanks for all the info over the last few months. I even included a BM type drip tray. He would be proud I'm sure.
DSCF0009.jpg
DSCF0007.jpg
DSCF0008.jpg

Hey folks: Here's my keezer complete w/ perlicks Thanks for all the info over the last few months. I even included a BM type drip tray. He would be proud I'm sure.

What did I do wrong? Pictures didn't show?? I'm such a friggin' noobie. Click on the links, they work.

[MOD EDIT]Fixed...[/EDIT]

Sweet! You and I have the same drip tray!!! :p

(I just retired my trusty sock last week, picked up a red plastic spackling tray from Home Depot and used indoor/outdoor adhesive tape to mount it on. Yay cheap tray!)

Sweet! You and I have the same drip tray!!! :p

(I just retired my trusty sock last week, picked up a red plastic spackling tray from Home Depot and used indoor/outdoor adhesive tape to mount it on. Yay cheap tray!)

retired it?? they are washable:D I am not ready for the upgrade quite yet. That tray must have cost you 3 bucks! After paying for the perlicks I had to go cheap somewhere. I had some cycling friends come over for homebrew last week and my wife threw the sock away. I had to retrieve it from the trash just for the picture.

oh what the hell. I keep putting off posting until my kegerator is "done". It will probably never be done. It ain't even very clean or tidy looking either. :eek:

But it is mine! I love it nonetheless!
kegerator7.jpg

kegerator21.jpg
kegerator11.jpg

She holds 6 kegs. I have 2 faucets as you can see and then 2 picnic taps. Sadly, I only am able to have 4 kegs on gas at the moment. The plan is to have 4 serving (possibly a 3rd faucet) and 2 carbing/conditioning. I suppose I could have all six serving with picnic taps...

oh what the hell. I keep putting off posting until my kegerator is "done". It will probably never be done. It ain't even very clean or tidy looking either. :eek:

I too am putting off posting till complete. But your's is more complete than mine. So far it's just a chest freezer with LOVE installed, a collar with non-trimmed wood lid, and serving with picnic taps. I just need to get the foam for the tap box, mount the tap box and trim the tapbox and lid. But SWMBO decided to play a game called "no more spending money untill after christmas presents are bought plus both our mom's birthdays, both our dad's birthdays and my step dad's and my brothers birthdays are all in the next 3 months. Not to mention SWMBO's in Jan. also. God this time of the year sucks. But at least we are drinking home brew from the keg.:mug:

Home garage kegerator

Work garage kegerator

Home basement kegerator that I've posted before

You forgot to post your bathroom and kitchen kegerators! Only 3, c'mon!:mug:

damn thats pretty sexy....i hear rootbeer is a pain in the a$$ to clean out of the kegs? is that true

Lines and orings need to be replaced if you don't want that "rootbeer" flavor in your beer.

Stainless doesn't hold flavor/smells like plastic/vinyl does.

Lines and orings need to be replaced if you don't want that "rootbeer" flavor in your beer.

Stainless doesn't hold flavor/smells like plastic/vinyl does.

i guess im gonna get anew keg for rootbeer only. nice. ill be damned if i wanna clean the lines every time

My rootbeer keg is trashed as rootbeer forever. I have replaced all o-rings and let the keg sit for days in hot oxiclean and it still smells. I have decided it is a rootbeer only keg forever.

Oh and all the o-rings in my faucet had to be replaced too.

i guess im gonna get anew keg for rootbeer only. nice. ill be damned if i wanna clean the lines every time

I think we should clarify - Root beer requires its own keg, its own QD, its own beer lines, its own faucet - The Whole Mess.

Gotta love trying to clean that crap out.

I just finished the drip tray in-lay this wek-end. Only thing left is trim around the wood and maybe some stick on tiles for the side/front.

Picture003.jpg

Ravens_Keezer1.JPG

The chalkboard is great after 8 pints... helps keep me straight. Its usefulness diminishes with each successive pint, though, as my ability to read deteriorates.

Ravens_Keezer2.JPG

Taps are 4" apart - I already marked the spots where I can comfortably fit 1 more on each end for a total of 6 taps (if I ever get there - who knows! A lesser man may say that 4 beers is enough.)

Ravens_Keezer3.JPG

My driptray is bigger than yours.

Ravens fan in Chicago? Are you allowed to do that? ;) (nicely done though)

I mentioned in a thread a while back that my one chest freezer was pooping out and I scored a refrigerator on Craigslist, so I finally got it set up and put the taps back in service. :rockin:

1119081953a.jpg

IMG_0851.jpg

That tap handle on the left is badass!!

Thanks bro! I grabbed on old one at work, put it in the sandblasting cabinet to knock the oxidation off, put a coat or two of acrylic on it, drilled and tapped it and stuck it on there. Also had a bail from a breakaway nozzle but it was too heavy. :p

8 CF Frigidaire Freezer
4 Corneys (with room for two more, or room for 6 gal lagering carboy)
2x8 Collar
Johnson Controls A419ABC-1C

2_kegerator.jpg

I like it! Very clean, almost looks like it came from the manufacturer that way. How much did the freezer cost you?

Thanks! I bought the freezer used from a guy at work for $60 + a bottle of mead. To buy the freezer new I think they go for $180-$200.

I still have some work to do on it... securing the air manifold and finding a way to keep the co2 tank standing with the regulators attached. (I should probably screw the hinges back to the collar now too!)

Ravens fan in Chicago? Are you allowed to do that? ;) (nicely done though)

heh - actually there's a Steelers fan right down the road, too - we got some AFC North rivalry action right here in Chicago! I've thought about egging his house more than once... (with purple dyed eggs, of course).

heres my setup total cost 130 just got into the hobby and i am addicted already first kegged batch came out way better then i hoped

kegarater.jpg

and heres a cell phone picture of 1 before dinner
IMAGE_029.jpg

heres my setup total cost 130 just got into the hobby and i am addicted already first kegged batch came out way better then i hoped

Im so glad to find that Im not the only newb that got addicted and moved onto bigger and kegger things right away! Nice fridge, i need to keep my eyes open for something like that!

Back