Big Green Box

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlisle_bob

Reaction score
Hi

Is there an aftermarket for the empty box that XL BGE's come in?

I figured I'd ask here since *it's all your fault* that I have this big empty box here. Yes I also have the BGE and it's a lot of fun...

Bob

I picked up a large one two weeks ago. I havent cooked inside since. Took mine off the floor so i didnt have to assemble it.....

Hi

The dealer I bought mine from almost killed me when I told them I'd take mine in the box rather than let them set it all up for me. "Nobody has ever done that ...". I wanted mine *now* and putting it together was not all that hard.

Indeed we haven't cooked inside since. For some reason we haven't tried breakfast on it yet...

Bob

Well the idea that mine went in the back if my car and that I could fill it with charcoal 3 minutes after unloading it made all the difference in my decision to take the floor model

Hi

I could have done the floor model thing. Theirs had been out since March and there were some obvious issues with it. I figured I'd spend more time re-doing it than putting one together from scratch.

The other big issue is that the XL is *HEAVY*. I could not see any way to get it out of the truck and into the house without it crashing. Pulling it out of the box a piece at a time worked fine.

Bob

Back