How many batches of home brew do you have under your belt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started brewing just short of two years ago. I kind of lost track of how many batches, but I think it's somewhere in the neighborhood of 20-24 + a couple batches of cider and mead.

Stopped counting after 20 something. From the look of the old keg labeling tags that are twist tied to my beer shelf....75ish?

This pic is about three years old and the clipboard is about three times as thick now. But I stopped counting at a hundred.

ClipBoard.jpg

Batch #203 went in the fermenter a week ago. I've done lots of ciders and a couple of wines too.

43...need to kick it up a notch to fill all these extra bottles people keep giving me :D

Plus 1 mead batch...won't be the last.

I have no idea. Maybe 75 batches of wine? And about 300 batches of beer? Or maybe closer to 400 batches of beer by now. Miscellaneous batches of cider and mead and hard lemonade over the years, also, but probably not more than 20 or so. I keep notes, but I never write down the batch number or how many batches I've done, so I don't really know. I think the first couple of years I might have been able to guess, but once I got up over 200, I gave up.

I vary batch sizes, sometimes 15 gallons of a wine or 5 gallons. Or sometimes 10 gallons of a beer.

The one in the fermenter is numbered #45, but I didn't start numbering for a while, so 50-60ish? (Not counting graff, apfelwein, skeeter pee, and plain ol' cider)

Yooper said:
Wait a minute. I'm older than passedpawn, and HE'S a geezer? That makes me a geezier brewer I guess.

You can't be too old u got a lot of young guys drinking bud light so u will think were hot

20 ish. 6 this year already and 3 recipes sitting on the shelf ready to brew. I hope to brew tomorrow.

Started in January and I've got my 3rd batch fermenting now. I'm keeping all my notes in One Note so I'll be able to keep track of anything without worrying about paper.

No idea...I originally used a hand-written journal and there are 14 brews in that. I switched to tracking it on my laptop in 2009. Unfortunately, about 4 months ago my harddrive crashed and was deemed unrecoverable by my local computer repair shop. Since then I've been tracking on my iPad and I have 12 brews in there.

What I'm really upset about losing my harddrive was all of the recipe development I did...I'm mad just thinking about it...I should really just go back to the journal

Back