Tried any good IPA's lately?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know it's hard to find but Kern River Brewing company "Just Oustanding IPA" really really surprised me. It's not huge but MAN is it Tasty.

Anyone try Stone's Revelation IIPA?

It was interesting, but acutally a bit too huge for me. May give it a shot again later this winter.

Last night, had a few Deschutes Inversion IPA's as well as a couple Alaskan Brewing IPA. I prefer the Deschutes over the Alaskan. My wife likes neither one of them (more for me!). :D

I've become a huge fan of Odell's IPA. It's not as bitter as I would have expected, but it does have an amazing hope aroma and flavor.

+1 for Odells. I bought 2 six packs from their brewery when I was there in March. The IPA and their 5 Barrel Pale. Both had an unbelieveable nose and flavor. I agree about them not having a huge bitter bite.

hop crisis from 21A, favorite so far.

had the green flash IPA, hop stoopid, and mendocino White Hawk within the last week or two, all decent but IMO nothing mind blowing

hop crisis from 21A, favorite so far.

had the green flash IPA, hop stoopid, and mendocino White Hawk within the last week or two, all decent but IMO nothing mind blowing

I'd have to agree on the hop stoopid. I bought 2 bombers of it this weekend, not impressed. I've actually be fairly disappointed in the Lagunitas stuff I've had recently.

i really like their stuff, I just don't think that hop stoopid was mind blowing or anything compared to the IIPAs ive had on tap at rogue and 21A

Yea I couldn't believe we got it. One of the craft bars here had a keg and a buddy said he had it in DC too, so they must have sent a few kegs out this way. I'm sure glad they did! It's by far one of the best new ipas I've tried in months.

Moylan's Hopsickle Imperail IPA Tomahawk, Cascade and Centennial Hops Alcohol 9.2% by Volume.

I enjoyed this a few weeks ago. It is not over priced like some of the IIPA's. Think I paid 4 or 5 bucks for it in a 22 ounce bottle. I found it very good from start to finish. This is one that I would love to have a clone of on tap!

Latest posts

Back