What kind of drunk are you?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What kind of drunk are you?

• Angry

• Funny

• Flirty

• Beligerant

• Pass Out Early

• Black Out

• Do stupid things that end in mystery bruises

• Complete D-bag

• Very controlled and never out of hand

• Puke a lot

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm infamous for passing out. Just about all of my friends have pictures of me sleeping while sitting up. Used to be very embarassing, now I just accept that a hard night of drinking is going to end with me falling asleep on someone's couch, typically with my shoes still on. I don't get angry or fighty, just pass out suddenly.

I used to black out and do some really stupid stuff but I trained myself to pass out instead of being beligerent.

I put funny and bruises. Bruises for sure, and well, I might/might not be funny, but I think I'm a ****ing hoot...

EDIT: I also put flirty, I tend to think I'm a sexual god, so I tend scare of chicks pretty well too.... this is of course when I'm absolutely hammered only :D

I get frickin retarded funny. I can hold mine though so I usually end up being the responsible one, at least I am the one they ask to talk to the cops.

Depending on what I'm drinking and what group I'm with, I can be just about all of those. Usually though I'm a happy drunk if I stick to beer.

When I was younger, like 19-ish I was the guy that everybody had to babysit an hour into the party because I did a bunch of kegstands and Jager bombs within the first hour. I would have all kinds of mystery bruises and my wallet would be empty.

One time, me and my SWMB0 went to a friends new years party. We all ended up getting smashed. We all stripped down to our undies and climbed into the hot tub. I had draped my pants over the balcony. I didn't realize that my wallet and keys had fallen out. We called a cab and went home. Couldn't find my wallet to pay the guy. I had money in the house to pay him, but I couldn't find my keys either. The cabbie had to drive us back to the party to look for my wallet and keys, and once we found them all he had to drive us back home. It ended up being a 70$ cab ride. SWMBO was pissed!

Another time me and SWMBO had gotten into a fight. She left to go be with her friend. My buddy came over with an 18 pack of Miller High Life and we got $hitfaced. Then he left I started to feel bad about fighting with SWMBO, so I walked to the gas station and bought a 40oz Budweiser and a 40oz Steele Reserve and walked 2 miles to her friends house. They opened the door to me passed out at the foot of her stairs. They had to carry my pathetic ass to the car. SWMBO put me to bed and I proceeded to vomit all over myself and all over our bed and carpet.

Now I like to be in control a little more. I also have a much higher tolerance than I used to! I'll get drunk, but I won't do anything stupid. And once I've had a few beers, I won't set foot in my car unless I'm completely able to drive. I like to have a good time with my buddies, but still remember everything we did the night before.
And being a Dad now, I won't ever drink so much that I couldn't take care of her if she woke up at night.

Last time I got really drunk was when my parents came out to babysit.:mug:

I'm all over the chart on your poll, so I voted for about the 5 most frequent descriptions of my drunkenness. I think a lot has to do with what I'm drinking, what kind of stress I'm under lately, what the environment is (club, bar, sporting event, party, our home).

It used to be when I was much younger, I was more of a "lover not a fighter" drunk, with an occasional foray into being an instigator. Now it seems I can be an angrier drunk than I used to -- maybe the declining libido that comes with age explains it...

You forgot a choice:

Instant A$$hole, just add alcohol

That's not me, but I know plenty of people who fit that bill.
BTW I put flirty.

I used to date a girl who would sometimes get ANGRY drunk. One time she started slamming Bacardi - I mean, hitting it REALLY hard. One of my friends called to tell me he was getting shrooms and next weekend he wanted me and my room mate to shroom with him. Well, my GF got VERY angry that she wasn't invited (never mind that she didn't shroom and the next weekend was her weekend to watch her kid who lived with his dad). She started yelling and screaming at me. Then she punched me in the stomach and slapped my face. Now, I don't hit women so I kept my composure. I told her she needed to leave and I would drive her to the train station. She kept yelling at me as we walked through my complex's courtyard. This was Jerry Springer type of embarassing.

So we get close to the train station and she keeps yelling and slaps me again, then opens the car door and jumps out (I was going 30 at the time). So I slam to a halt to make sure she's OK. There was a tow-truck driver behind me who saw what happened and he radio'd the cops.

Cops show up with an ambulance. Cop asks me what happens and I tell him. Asks if we've been drinking. I tell him yes, but not much. He came back to say that the tow truck driver saw her hit me and jump out and she admitted to it so I was free to go.

Obviously that ended a relationship of 2 years. Saw her again about a year later when we were both meeting up with a mutual friend. She went to hug me hello and I withdrew and through out the handshake hand. She was like "COme on, give me a hug. We can be friends." I told her I'm not friends with people who hit me.

That was almost 8 years ago. Didn't see her again until last summer. We were at a restaurant with my family and she was there too. Introduced her to my wife and son. She introduced me to her fiancee and his parents. I have to say that it felt pretty cool to be married and have a very cute son. There's no way she'd have known I'd gotten married.

Cheesefood said:
I used to date a girl who would sometimes get ANGRY drunk. One time she started slamming Bacardi - I mean, hitting it REALLY hard. One of my friends called to tell me he was getting shrooms and next weekend he wanted me and my room mate to shroom with him. Well, my GF got VERY angry that she wasn't invited (never mind that she didn't shroom and the next weekend was her weekend to watch her kid who lived with his dad). She started yelling and screaming at me. Then she punched me in the stomach and slapped my face. Now, I don't hit women so I kept my composure. I told her she needed to leave and I would drive her to the train station. She kept yelling at me as we walked through my complex's courtyard. This was Jerry Springer type of embarassing.

So we get close to the train station and she keeps yelling and slaps me again, then opens the car door and jumps out (I was going 30 at the time). So I slam to a halt to make sure she's OK. There was a tow-truck driver behind me who saw what happened and he radio'd the cops.

Cops show up with an ambulance. Cop asks me what happens and I tell him. Asks if we've been drinking. I tell him yes, but not much. He came back to say that the tow truck driver saw her hit me and jump out and she admitted to it so I was free to go.

Obviously that ended a relationship of 2 years. Saw her again about a year later when we were both meeting up with a mutual friend. She went to hug me hello and I withdrew and through out the handshake hand. She was like "COme on, give me a hug. We can be friends." I told her I'm not friends with people who hit me.

That was almost 8 years ago. Didn't see her again until last summer. We were at a restaurant with my family and she was there too. Introduced her to my wife and son. She introduced me to her fiancee and his parents. I have to say that it felt pretty cool to be married and have a very cute son. There's no way she'd have known I'd gotten married.

What a nutjob.

I used to be a blackout and do stupid things drunk. After a couple years of waking up with holes in the wall, broken bones, split lips, head wounds, blood stains, and no memories, I learned to pace myself. I'm now a very dignified and controlled drunk...

usually. ;)

I put controlled not out of hand. Although, depending on whom I'm with, I can start to get pretty chatty. I'm usually pretty quiet, but start to talk a lot more when I'm drunk.

Take now for instance, I probably wouldn't be even writing this if I were sober.
(Jim Beam and Coke at the moment).

My old drunken self was the kind that would get hammered on fri. night, wake up at 6 on Saturday, open a beer and start cutting down a tree (it needed to come down, not just random) Now I am usually the DD (scary thought) and talk it up with anyone who will listen. Mescal is another story, but it has been banned from my diet due to extenuating circumstances

As goofy as I am when I;m sober, it's 100x when I'm *drunk*. Haven't been sloppy-drunk in a while, but I just start laughing and giggling and smiling.... with an occassional, Tourette's-esque "WHAT THE ****!!?"

I'm the funny one. I'm very controlled sober so when I've had a few drinks, I let loose and it amuses people. Oh, and I like to cook when I'm drunk. Can't figure that one out.

As long as I stick to beer, I'm fine. But get me something harder like tequila, and you'll probably see me on the news later.

LouT said:
I'm all over the chart on your poll, so I voted for about the 5 most frequent descriptions of my drunkenness. I think a lot has to do with what I'm drinking, what kind of stress I'm under lately, what the environment is (club, bar, sporting event, party, our home).

It used to be when I was much younger, I was more of a "lover not a fighter" drunk, with an occasional foray into being an instigator. Now it seems I can be an angrier drunk than I used to -- maybe the declining libido that comes with age explains it...
+1!!! Except I don't think I've gotten much angrier with age. But I'm all over the chart, too. Funny and loud dominate, with the occasional blackout or mystery bruise. I try not to edge too close to complete ******, though it may have happened a time or two (I still didn't vote for that option...I'm not going to truly admit any *****ebaggery!).

I find that I get drunk FAST on liquor, so if I stick to beer, I'm a better drunk. I think it's because I enjoy the beer rather than power drink it.

I would suppose that the real question is what others would say what kind of drunk you are... :)

Mostly I just have a good time, laugh and joke a lot.

Jennifer

I'm the kind of drunk who, when SWMBO's friend asks why she can't get a man, tells her the reasons.

I'm still paying for that one.

DaveyBoy said:
I'm the kind of drunk who, when SWMBO's friend asks why she can't get a man, tells her the reasons.

I'm still paying for that one.

Bad at head? Offer to tutor her.

ha! I voted flirty and funny, I'm typically a pretty quiet guy, but when I drink in good company I really open up and tell some stories! I also ahem, tend to let my feelings loose a little toward the women.

Everyone thinks they're funny. Very few people think they're D-bags. This leads me to believe that you're all unfunny D-bags when you drink.

Funny to read that I'm like most people here. I used to be "that guy," having to be watched right away. I'd go off with random people if they offered me booze, I'd get in cars with random people if we were on our way to booze, etc.

I have 95% banned hard alcohol from my repertoire and all those poor-decision, black out nights are a thing of the past. When I didn't remember a 3 hour concert on my birthday this year because of Jack and Coke, I knew there was a problem.

I can drink beer all night long and just be in a great mood and always remember what I've done. It's refreshing to know that I'll always wake up now knowing what I did the previous night.

I had my first two Jack and Cokes this past Thursday night in 6 months and switched to beer and was fine, so I'm glad I have control.

adx said:
I usually get really, really mellow and hit on anything with boobies.

Lately that's who I am! Course sometimes it's hard to hit on the babes when you're drunk. To me it's better to have a cool buzz, hang out and people watch. In my younger days I'd get drunk as fast as I could and then pass out. Needless to say I was cured of that. Only because I had some so-called friends that would leave me while I was passed out. I was always a good drunk and pretty mellow. My drunk also depended on my mood for that day and what I was drinking, beer or hard liquor. Now it's been beer for me and an occasional shot or two of whiskey or tequila followed up with water every other drink.

Light-weight & fast asleep. I'm a morning person and a couple pints in the evening just moves bed-time up a bit. Since I always have to drive home from fests & club meetings, I don't get hammered even then.

Never heard any stories about my behavior when I was younger and drank more, so I'd guess even then I didn't cross the line.

Back