Home grown cascades doing their job...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oops. Forgot the pics!

image-952895312.jpg

image-3117026035.jpg

image-4045865551.jpg

Nice. Those suckers are gonna absorb a crapload of beer though. I would say about a gallon based on the amount in there.

I know. That is the downfall to dryhopping with whole leaf. I guess I could always pull the hops out into a bowl and wring them into a glass for my own enjoyment...

I know. That is the downfall to dryhopping with whole leaf. I guess I could always pull the hops out into a bowl and wring them into a glass for my own enjoyment...

I'd be tempted to wring them out and bottle the beer you get from it separately. It could be amazing.

If sediment is an issue, just get a silk screen and toss them in that, squeeze them over the bottling bucket or keg when you move the batch from the secondary.

BTW how many ounces of hops is that?

That was about 1 oz of whole leaf Amarillo and 2 oz of homegrown cascade! Tasted heavenly before hitting the bottles. Another week or two I should be a hoppy man!!

Latest posts

Back