Is my regulator & splitter set properly?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epicac2

Reaction score
I'm trying to carb 2 new beers and keep serving pressure on a 3rd keg. I recently installed the splitter and my 2 new beers seem to be carving slower than before. Should I have the higher pressure on the left of the regulator? I currently have higher pressure on the side closest to the co2 tank. Attached is my fancy drawing of my setup

image-2082523705.jpg

what temp are you holding them at? How long and what ID are your serving lines?

about 42F. I usually set around 12psi for 7-9 days and carbonation is pretty good. This style called for 10psi. My serving lines are 5 feet from a picnic tap

Your setup is correct to accomplish what your drawing says you're after, which is one serving line and two carbing lines (or rather, two lines at equal pressure). You can always set the double-line to serving PSI when you have multiple kegs to serve and only one (or none) to carb.

One regulator? A dual one? Are those just meters you've drawn? If you have two regs, then it looks like it should be okay. How do you know they are carbing slow, or slower than before?

Back