Alcohol and Tobacco

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KuntzBrewing

Reaction score
Why does alcohol pair so well with nicotine?

Post your tobacco preferences when drinking.

I smoke malboro lights when drinking with friends/at bars but grizzly wintergreen is my ending supplement, also the occasional Rocky Patel cigars suit me well. How about you?

I enjoy the occasional cigar with a solid brew. I find that smoking limited my ability to taste the beer and get the most out of it and now that I don't smoke anymore I have a far better palate. The same goes for spicy food too though and I sure as hell haven't given up my chillies.

Nicotine is a highly addictive stimulant with no redeeming value.

Don't allow your body to fool your brain.

Used to smoke an occasional cigar. But last few I have made me sick to my stomach. So I haven't had one in almost a year.

this with something dark and strong

coh.jpg

I enjoy cigars with beer, but for me nothing beats the pairing of a great cigar and a single malt scotch with a single ice cube in it.

why does alcohol pair so well with nicotine?

Post your tobacco preferences when drinking.

I smoke malboro lights when drinking with friends/at bars but grizzly wintergreen is my ending supplement, also the occasional rocky patel cigars suit me well. How about you?

nicotine does not go well with anything but cancer!!!!!!!

I gave up smoking 5 years ago and it was the greatest thing I could have done for my health. But, when I did smoke, I would smoke Winston lights, or an occasional cigar while drinking.

No clue but I have cut down on smoking a lot, now just smoke maybe a couple of days per month, the rest of the time I vape with volcano cigs. Oh and the eventual Montecristo with nice couple of ounces of Zacapa rum

The occasional cigar - maduro wrap - with a nice solid stout.

A man after my own heart!

my go-to cigars lately have been the macanudo 1968 and the padron 2000/4000 series.

I enjoy cigars with beer, but for me nothing beats the pairing of a great cigar and a single malt scotch with a single ice cube in it.
Agreed except I prefer a splash of water in my scotch as opposed to an ice cube.

Special Hops said:
Used to smoke an occasional cigar. But last few I have made me sick to my stomach. So I haven't had one in almost a year.

Your either inhaling the smoke, which you shouldn't..... Or you've been smoking cigars that are too heavy for you. Try something lighter next time.

ktblunden said:

+1 on the single malt w/ just a cube & a good maduro!

Cigarettes kill less people than cars. I assume you don't travel?

Oh come on. Look, his comment was definitely one-sided, and detracted from this thread, but you can't argue that smoking isn't extremely conducive of cancer.

Anyway. Yes, I just had a nice Cohiba and a Dogfish 120 minute on the 4th. It was a rather nice way to end the day.

Fast food causes cancer or heart disease. I don't see the FAT folks complaining... Foodies Against Triglycerides
s

Fast food causes cancer or heart disease. I don't see the FAT folks complaining... Foodies Against Triglycerides
s

Actually i would say that fast food and obesity are getting much more negative press in the past 2-3 years than tobacco is.

Wait until they tax that at 30%. It will come. They are already limiting soft drinks in New York!

Back to the topic.

Don't know why they go so good together.

The occasional non-menthol cigarette. Have just started getting into cigars and have moved from Macanudo Hampton Courts to various Maduro and Perdomo cigars. As for beverages, irish whiskey or tequila either with three ice cubes or homebrew or craft brew, primarily IPA's and Beligin Tripels.

Back to the topic.

Don't know why they go so good together.

The occasional non-menthol cigarette. Have just started getting into cigars and have moved from Macanudo Hampton Courts to various Maduro and Perdomo cigars. As for beverages, irish whiskey or tequila either with three ice cubes or homebrew or craft brew, primarily IPA's and Beligin Tripels.

To the next generation they won't go so good together. Can't smoke in bars so they won't smoke. They won't know what they are missing. (Pardon the sarcasm.)

I like cigars with whiskey or a good beer. I'm smoking a Cohiba right now and drinking Jack...

O man, I think the same thing every day! American Spirits yellow or Hobbits Weed in the pipe. With any beer.

isurf said:
+++1 Patel Maduro

Their decade cigar (10th aniversary) and 15 year torpedo are awesome too, the 15 year was ranked 6th in the US from one magazine, another had it in top 20, still one of the best. And they are still reasonable priced at between 10 and 15 bucks

KuntzBrewing said:
Their decade cigar (10th aniversary) and 15 year torpedo are awesome too, the 15 year was ranked 6th in the US from one magazine, another had it in top 20, still one of the best. And they are still reasonable priced at between 10 and 15 bucks

I've never had one of those patels before. Ill have to check them out next time I'm stocking the humidor.

MisterTipsy said:
You can't smoke a tobacco pipe unless you have a lot of grey hair. It's a rule.

But... I'm 26 with no sign of gray hair in sight! I guess it's just cigarettes for me then.

Latest posts

Back