My labels so far

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kurtism

Reaction score
i'm trying to keep a very small bit of unity in design but I don't know how long that will last. my sake label is quite different because i wanted something more in line with what sake labels might actually look like.

these are very low res versions of my labels. The root PSD is about 6x larger in all cases so the artifacts here exist because I shrunk them to upload.

I am still trying to decide if I want to create a logo for "the cider haus fool" or not. i'm happy with the name but i don't know if i want to re-do the labels to squeeze a logo in. if i decide to make neck labels, that's there the brewery logo will go.

Grapefruit Wine - will start this week (hopefully)

Mango Wine - will start this week (hopefully)

Pineapple Wine

Hard Tea
What sucks is that right after making this label, i realized there is a place called the Townshend Tea Company in Oregon. I like the title...not sure if I should change it or not. We will see.

Cookie Dough Porter

Hard Lemonade
I am not happy with the tagline so that will change.

Chocolate Cranberry Stout

Hard Apple "Cider"

Diaginjo Sake

machine? no machine. i'm printing them with my phaser on avery labels and i put them on my bottles by hand.

i've got the chocolate cranberry labels ready to go on the bottles so i'm probably going to make my niece put them on and i'll buy her twisted metal as payment

I was having a great day until i read this post. Thanks alot... now i have to go off and learn how to make sake! :D

Great work on the labels man! You do killer work with the words/fonts. No matter how long i work on a pic or label it always seems i spend an over-enormous amount of time on words. Good work!

Off to youtubeoogle how to make sake.

Great stuff! I am an idiot when it comes to computer design. See my avatar.

I am thinking plain brown bottles are in my long term future.

They do have some handrawn identification on the caps though! Letters like "I" and "A" done all by myself.

My first brew, and my first label!

holdthefruit2.png

20120207134440709.jpg

I was having a great day until i read this post. Thanks alot... now i have to go off and learn how to make sake! :D

Great work on the labels man! You do killer work with the words/fonts. No matter how long i work on a pic or label it always seems i spend an over-enormous amount of time on words. Good work!

Off to youtubeoogle how to make sake.

making sake is only a few more steps than making beer.

if you have asian markets in your area, that will help because the 2 hardest things about making sake is (1) finding the right rice and (2) making or finding kome-koji. there are places online that sell all the ingredient but since i live in new york city, there are many places for me to shop and save the shipping but all can be had in a kite from homebrewsake.com for a few bucks.

Great stuff! I am an idiot when it comes to computer design. See my avatar.

I am thinking plain brown bottles are in my long term future.

They do have some handrawn identification on the caps though! Letters like "I" and "A" done all by myself.

i'm using photoshop but you can make labels in other programs from templates to start. its not hard to get into. if you are interested in making your own labels...you can from scratch but honestly, I think the best way to get your feet wet with graphic design is to pick a label, dvd cover, poster, whatever, that isn't very complicated and recreate it in. that way you learn alot about the program and get used to its filters and presets and commands.

My first brew, and my first label!

holdthefruit2.png

20120207134440709.jpg

i see that they are printed already but a few things.

what program are you using? if it is a newer version of photoshop, photopaint, gimp or any vector program, you should fit the text to the curved path so the word wheat follows the red circle. the color blocks at the side should be a color picked from the center image to match appropriately and maybe even fade the center image into the side so its not so abrupt. finally, the text on the side needs some formatting help. also consider if you really want this type of info on the label.

Labels look awesome, you design them completely yourself?

thanks and yeah, i design them myself. no help from the wife or anything...just criticism and an observation from her that i have managed to merge my photoshopping hobby with brewing.

so i wasted some labels and ink but i re-did the tagline on the lemonale label so here it is...it just didn't turn out right before. i like this better but i think i might just do something completely different when i make a malted lemon-beverage again

Back