Pulsing pour

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bf514921

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Been having this problem, tried 25-30 feet of semi rigid line and bev line, with a picnic tap on the end, i can get half a decent pour then the pour Pulses and gets bubbles in the line from the pulsing. It is 3/16th line. I have checked connections no leaks, any suggestions?

Been having this problem, tried 25-30 feet of semi rigid line and bev line, with a picnic tap on the end, i can get half a decent pour then the pour Pulses and gets bubbles in the line from the pulsing. It is 3/16th line. I have checked connections no leaks, any suggestions?

What pressure?... My guess is that it sounds like you have too much resistance (e.g. too long line) and the CO2 is coming out of solution. Either that or it is over carbed.

Is there a lot of foam? And what exactly are you dispensing? Also what pressure was it carbed at?

How is the 25-30' of beer line arranged? The pulsing could be the beer going up and down in the line. Coil the line up, and leave it horizontal.

Dispensing root Beer, Picnic tap, line is tapped. i Measured the line, turs out its more like 35 feet not 25 30, should i cut the line down to 30 feet and try that. LOTS of foam. carbed it at 30 PSI, refridgerated. thanks for the suggestions i do appreciate it

Did you get it to work? I am having the same problem and the only thing I can attribute it to is the picnic tap. I have made several batches of root beer over the years but always served out of one of my regular taps. I am now serving (or trying) to serve out of a picnic tap using the same keg, lines, kegerator, etc and the only difference is the picnic tap and nothing but foam.

i "fixed" the pulse, i cranked it up to about 45 psi, but now my soda is way overcarbed, i am going to try cutting the line down to 30 feet. you sserve out of a regular tap? nice

Back