Fruit Juice Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winstonofbeer

Reaction score
Had an idea while in the grocery store today.
Has anyone ever taken 1/2 gal carton of like Welch's juice and mixed it in with your beer?

Could you take like a blonde, Add like a Cherry/mango and get a cherry mango flavored beer?

What would happen if you put this in the kettle with the boil??
Would it "concentrate" the flavor doing the boil?

If dumped directly into the primary fermenter, Would it make the beer taste watered down?

I am sure the sugars would boost the alcohol % way up also.

Just an idea....

I would say you need to decide what you want to make - beer or wine. If you want big alcohol go with wine; 12% and higher is easy. The rest of your questions have been answered plenty of times here - use search, read a lot, your head will hurt there's so much good information here.

-OCD

I am making beer. But i was going to use fruit puree to make the fruit beer.
But i got to thinking and saw the fruit juice and wondered how that would effect the beer?

Or if i was just better off with the puree and drop the idea.

Well if your going to do it.Throw it in the secondary.If all that fruit is in your primary it's going to taste like cysco wine.

I have this fermenting right now:

2 gals wort from: 1.5lb DME, 1lb C120, 1lb C40
+
3 gals treetop apple juice

It is a bit of a spinoff from brandonO's graff and something a little fruitier than what you are describing.

O.k so i guess that answers my question and stick with the puree if i want to do a fruit beer.

Thanks for your help :)

Back