Longshot Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rnrchemnerd

Reaction score
Sam Adams is doing the Longshot brewing contest again this year, so I thought I would ask. Are you going to enter, and what are you going to brew? It needs to be brewed no later than next weekend if you're going to get it in on time. Any thoughts? I think I'm going to go with an Irish red. :mug:

Its my first time entering any competitions, I brewed a ****ing awesome IIPA and decided it had to be judged.
So I'm entering three beers, an IIPA, an APA and a Tripel. I might also pull out a stout, it might be done in time.

Everyone seems to be going with bigger beers.

hmm...

I am going with my gut this year, and entering my Kolsch and my Porter.
I think this year will be a year for getting back to the basics.

I am in as well just don't know yet what I will brew. I am thinking of staying away from any Big beers for the fear of not enough aging time before the comp.

I brewed an 80/- today, if it turns out any good I will most likely send it in. Who knows I may also send in the APA that I will brewing next week. Haven't really decided yet.

Long Shot

The four bottles of your brew along with the entry form must be received at the appropriate site between Wednesday, April 15, 2009 and 5:00 p.m. on Friday, May 1, 2009.

Back