ISO: Enjoy by 10.25.13

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrPhunk

Reaction score
the next Enjoy by should hit the shelves next week. I'm just putting out an early request for a trade. I live in Northern IL so I get a ton of great stuff around here (Founders, Bells, Pipeworks, 2 Bros, GI, New Holland, Revolution...)

Here's the dist info for Enjoy By:

Stone Enjoy By 10.25.13 IPA Availability

LOCATION ETA STATUS
Northern California 09/25/13
Southern California 09/25/13
Florida 09/25/13
Louisiana 09/25/13
Missouri 09/25/13
Texas 09/25/13
Washington 09/25/13

Mix Fresh Stone IPA and Ruination, voila. Enjoy by...

Great brew for sure but nothing that could compare to some of the year rounds from other breweries out of cali.

Should be easy for you to score one though!
Cheers

I've been on a hunt for Zombie Dust, and I'd love to trade some Enjoy by, or maybe some Surly Wet for it. Also interested in Pipeworks and other FFF offerings. PM me if you're interested.

For some reason, the distributor in the New Orleans area is pokey once they arrive. It could sit there for another week before they get these out to the stores. Then, some stores like Whole Foods, might take a third week to get it into their system and on the floor. Crazy.

But there is one place that has an awesome beer collection and they get them on the shelves right away. I'm grabbing some on Saturday for sure.

ja09 said:
I've been on a hunt for Zombie Dust, and I'd love to trade some Enjoy by, or maybe some Surly Wet for it. Also interested in Pipeworks and other FFF offerings. PM me if you're interested.

I could do some Pipeworks for you but it'll be a little bit. Heading to Omaha tomorrow so it would be Sunday before I can check the bottle shop to see what they have. I'll hit you up when I get back.

Johnnyhitch1 said:

Great brew for sure but nothing that could compare to some of the year rounds from other breweries out of cali.

Cheers

I will have to respectfully disagree here man. Not sure how mixing 6.9% and 8.2% IPAs makes a 9.4% beer. And Enjoy by has 2x the flavor/aroma of them. Enjoy by is excellent, I have had a lot, prob over 6 different ones, all were great. I am interested in what Cali year rounds that it cannot compare to. Please don't say Pliny :)

Cheers

Couldn't disagree more. The nose on Enjoy by is pure Nelson Sauvin and Galaxy hops...you're not getting that in Stone IPA or Ruination. I'm born and raised in So Cal, and just got back from a 2 week vacation back to San Diego. There's a ton of good IPAs/IIPAs out there, and I would put Enjoy By up against any one of them. That includes anything from Alpine, Firestone, Societe, Ballast Point, Alesmith, etc.

Couldn't disagree more. The nose on Enjoy by is pure Nelson Sauvin and Galaxy hops...you're not getting that in Stone IPA or Ruination. I'm born and raised in So Cal, and just got back from a 2 week vacation back to San Diego. There's a ton of good IPAs/IIPAs out there, and I would put Enjoy By up against any one of them. That includes anything from Alpine, Firestone, Societe, Ballast Point, Alesmith, etc.

i wouldn't

Set up a blind tasting with enjoy by and those 4-5 other ipas and i guarantee it will not take top spot, or anywhere near it IMO.

Also, one of the top brewery operations in america cant distribute an IPA to there whole network??
*cough* gimmick *cough*

Enjoy this by....ummm, a month from now!....
And were not going to pull it off the shelves when it dont sell!
......Gimmick......

Im with stupid...I don't get the hype behind enjoy by. To me, there are way better ipas.

Funny, my username as a child used to be stupidbiker89.
Last year the 12.21.12 batch i think was the best ive had so far. Being the 2nd or 3rd batch i dont think well see anything like that one again.
Tons of grassy onions all around now, great IPA...but there is MUCHH better out there for sure.

EDIT: Sry if i sound cranky, just woke up havent had my morning brew yet.

I believe someone in sending me two bottles which she had to pay nearly double for but this is only because I am really interested in knowing what all the hype is around it.

I found a place that sells it but they require 6 bottles min and shipping to me in NC is $50. Shipping about 2 hours north of the San Diego store is $25. It wasn't worth my cash but may be worth it to someone else.

http://www.qualityliquorstore.com/stone-enjoy-by-ipa-22oz/

Set up a blind tasting with enjoy by and those 4-5 other ipas and i guarantee it will not take top spot, or anywhere near it IMO.

Would love to give this a try. I did have it on the same nights I was drinking other top notch IPAs like Alpine Nelson, Societe Pupil, Stone RuinTen, Kern River Just Outstanding, and I personally liked as much as any other beer I had. I lthink it's great, so do alot of other people...maybe it just doesn't appeal to your tastes.

Also, one of the top brewery operations in america cant distribute an IPA to there whole network??
*cough* gimmick *cough*

Nobody said Stone couldn't distribute this to their whole network and get it on the shelves within a week. No matter how much craft a brewery puts into their beers there is still a business side to running a brewery, and Stone's marketing prowess is a huge part of their success. I've never been one to judge a beer based on rating website scores or the hype coming out of the brewery, though...or else I might that think Nugget Nectar is ALOT better than I actually think it is. Stone's marketing campaign for this beer might be gimmicky, but it doesn't affect my overall opinion of the beer itself.

Enjoy this by....ummm, a month from now!....
And were not going to pull it off the shelves when it dont sell!
......Gimmick......

Where do you buy your Enjoy By? I've never seen one on the shelf anywhere near the date on the bottle. Where I live you need to get it within a day of it hitting the shelves.

Would love to give this a try. I did have it on the same nights I was drinking other top notch IPAs like Alpine Nelson, Societe Pupil, Stone RuinTen, Kern River Just Outstanding, and I personally liked as much as any other beer I had. I lthink it's great, so do alot of other people...maybe it just doesn't appeal to your tastes.

You said it ranks up high with the others but if you had to put those 5 IPAS in a list how would it rate??

Nobody said Stone couldn't distribute this to their whole network and get it on the shelves within a week. No matter how much craft a brewery puts into their beers there is still a business side to running a brewery, and Stone's marketing prowess is a huge part of their success. I've never been one to judge a beer based on rating website scores or the hype coming out of the brewery, though...or else I might that think Nugget Nectar is ALOT better than I actually think it is. Stone's marketing campaign for this beer might be gimmicky, but it doesn't affect my overall opinion of the beer itself.

So heady topper is not the next coming of god?!
I understand it does not affect the quality of the beer, just don't understand why its not a year round/seasonal...possible because of how beer geeks LOVE limited distro and hype it to no end. If it WAS a year round, I don't think it would be as highly regarded....sadly

Where do you buy your Enjoy By? I've never seen one on the shelf anywhere near the date on the bottle. Where I live you need to get it within a day of it hitting the shelves.

New York at a couple diff bottle shops, even saw a bar having it on tap after the cutoff!!

Im not ****ting on you at all, I was on the enjoy by train as well. IMO its turning into a HUGE marketing scheme...and hell I guess good for greg and the gang more money for them!!

Tomato...Tamato....like coff said everyone has diff tastes.
I guess that's all it is.

Johnnyhitch1 said:
You said it ranks up high with the others but if you had to put those 5 IPAS in a list how would it rate??

How would it rate compared to the top 5 IPAs that are in your distro area? Or anyone not in Cali or Vermont? IMO it is great brew, especially since it sees distribution almost everywhere, albeit it is not regular everywhere. Especially for $6-6.50 a bomber. I would rather they cancel ruination and make Enjoy By full time, full distro.

I think a lot of the appeal and benefit to Enjoy By is its freshness. It is a good recipe but so are a lot of other IPAs, but if they sit on a shelf for a couple of months or have slow distribution then they are going to suffer. While it may be gimmicky, it's effective at getting a fresh beer out to those that are interested. And the price point is pretty good compared to some of its competition.

That's tough...I like them all. Ignoring the fact that I'm mixing IPAs and DIPAs I would probably go Nelson (my favorite beer on the planet), RuinTen, Enjoy By, Pupil, Just Oustanding. There's really no loser in this competition.

So heady topper is not the next coming of god?!
I understand it does not affect the quality of the beer, just don't understand why its not a year round/seasonal...possible because of how beer geeks LOVE limited distro and hype it to no end. If it WAS a year round, I don't think it would be as highly regarded....sadly

You're probably right. For me, Double Jack is one of the most solid all-around DIPAs, but since I can get it whenever I want I constantly pass it up at the store for some limited release beer that isn't even as good. I don't know, maybe Stone doesn't have the capacity to add another year round beer...not that they don't have the money to expand if they needed to.

Hype kills it for alot of people, too, because they expect more than a beer can possibly deliver. That's what happened to me with Heady...the first time I had it I thought it was great, but was still completely underwhelmed at the same time.

Tomato...Tamato....like coff said everyone has diff tastes.
I guess that's all it is.

word

Cheers

IMG-20131009-00369.jpg

How would it rate compared to the top 5 IPAs that are in your distro area? Or anyone not in Cali or Vermont? IMO it is great brew, especially since it sees distribution almost everywhere, albeit it is not regular everywhere. Especially for $6-6.50 a bomber. I would rather they cancel ruination and make Enjoy By full time, full distro.

I would put
Dirtwolf
Double Jack
Flower power
Resin

before Enjoy By

Im just a grumpy old troll that cant be happy, dont mind me!:mug:

Back