• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

20 Gallon AG Set-up and 14.5 Conical For Sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The whole lot was $1400 & he's asking for almost half that so asking almost half for the conical is a good starting point for negotiations.

Would you do the same thing for a house, or car?? Someone's selling a house for 200k, are you going to offer 100k first? They'll not only laugh at you (IF the realtor submits the offer) but will probably not even look at any additional offers you make. You're looking at getting a car that cost 60k new, blue book value has it at 50k, are you going to offer 25k? Unless it's "hot" I seriously doubt you'll get much 'negotiations' to happen that way.

No its just a dick move.

100% agree there.

I dunno, half of retail for a used hobby product (and at the fanatical end of that hobby so less potential customers) seems reasonable to me...

I dunno, half of retail for a used hobby product (and at the fanatical end of that hobby so less potential customers) seems reasonable to me...

Blichmann hardware doesn't depreciate like other things do. I sold my 10 gallon BoilerMaker (had it for at least 1-1/2 years, put a decent number of batches through it) and was able to get about 80% of what they currently sell for. Granted a conical has more spots for things to hide, so you need to clean/sanitize it a bit more, but still... Thinking someone won't be insulted by a 50% value offer is just wrong.

dallasdb said:
No its just a dick move.

A bit harsh I'd say. The offer might be rediculous, even laughable but at worst it just deserves to be ignored. We're not talking about some Snidely Whiplash villain cheating old folks and orphans out of thier property, just a guy making a lowball bid on a classified site. Feather it out a bit.

Well, that escalated quickly...

In his defense, the OP has been responding to me by email. He indicated that email was best as he is not on HBT very often.

Lets all lighten up - it's Christmas for Christ's sake!

27997415.jpg

sudbuster said:
Well, Hell, don't you think you're so smart and cute? Feck off NOOB!

Hey, sudbuster. Thanks for the immediate PM. I'm not sure what I did to draw such hatred but it was not meant to offend anybody. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Well, that escalated quickly...

In his defense, the OP has been responding to me by email. He indicated that email was best as he is not on HBT very often.

Lets all lighten up - it's Christmas for Christ's sake!

Really, didn't see that posted anywhere in this thread... No mention of emailing him with requests/offers/etc... I did see about sending a PM, but didn't see if mentioned that it is/was the 'best way' to reach him. As good as we are, we're not psychic here. Psychotic, most likely, but not psychic.

I still have the offer to help transport the hardware back to MA/NH if someone wants the kettles.

Would you do the same thing for a house, or car?? Someone's selling a house for 200k, are you going to offer 100k first? They'll not only laugh at you (IF the realtor submits the offer) but will probably not even look at any additional offers you make. You're looking at getting a car that cost 60k new, blue book value has it at 50k, are you going to offer 25k? Unless it's "hot" I seriously doubt you'll get much 'negotiations' to happen that way.

100% agree there.

Would you offer to sell you 200k house for 100k because ghats what this guy did...

jdruelinger said:
Would you offer to sell you 200k house for 100k because ghats what this guy did...

Anyone who's ever sold a house knows that sort of thing happens. You often get low ball offers. So you say no. And then.... well that's it really, you say no. Don't see what the big deal is.

To the OP, (as long as you still use this site)

When are you guys opening up!? been waching and reading for the past couple months, glad to see another brewery opening on long island!!

Cheers!

Back