What is This?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grimzella

Reaction score
Or shall I say, what will this turn out to be\taste\style? I have some leftover grains, hops, yeast ect.. all end up in an area off to the side. Today I'm cleaning up. This is what i threw together.

9lbs Brewers Malt 2-row (briess)
1lb Caramel Malt 60L 6-row (briess)
1lb Munich 10L 6-row (briess)

WLP029 German Ale

Northern Brewer 60min 1oz
Saaz .25oz at 10min and again .25oz at flameout
Tettnang .25 at 10min and again .25oz at flameout

Single infusion Full body Batch sparge at 156F for 60min (beersmith)

I have not made a beer that i could not drink (yet). Will this be the first?

any input greatly appreciated.
Dave

If you havent made a beer you could drink yet why are you throwing together recipes? I would recommend using established recipes to get your system dialed in so you can track down where issues are.

If you havent made a beer you could drink yet why are you throwing together recipes? I would recommend using established recipes to get your system dialed in so you can track down where issues are.

didnt u read what i said. they are leftovers. my main concern was clashing ingredients ect. not "why am i doing this or that." :)

btw it clearly says " a beer that i could NOT drink. soo i dont get your point

Sorry misread it as you hadnt made a drinkable beer yet.

That being said like the other poster said it will be something pale and carmely. Maybe lower the mash temp a bit and it will be a bit dryer in the finish.

Back