Bigger Kettle Pickup Tube

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopOnHops

Reaction score
So currently im using a 3/8" piece of copper as my pickup tube. Currently i use gravity so the flow is okay. If i switch to 1/2" tubing would there be a noticeable difference? Im going to buy a march pump soon and am somewhat concerned that ill be limiting the flow into the pump to get the best flow possible. Thoughts?
Thanks

My BK gets round as it approaches the bottom like a bowl so there is a good 2" below my valve to the bottom. I am probably just going to use a 90° elbow with a 2.5" threaded nipple for pickup. I might even fashion some type of screen to screw on to the nipple

Bobby is doing a good job not inserting his products directly into the conversation, but definitely check out his site. I've got his 5/8" pickup tubes, and high flow elbows installed on my kettles and absolutely love them. It does make a big difference in flow.

Back