As I'm drinking my first Sierra Nevada Torpedo...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerbeque

Reaction score
Wow, this is a great IPA! Much better than Celebration Ale for me. I always thought that Celebration was just too bitter. Not so Torpedo. Torpedo focuses on extreme hop flavor and aroma without excessive bitterness and lets the slightly sweet maltiness come through for a more round and balanced brew. I'm glad to know that Torpedo will be available year round. Torpedo is one of the very best beers That Sierra Nevada has ever made and one of very best beers I've ever had.

Yep, Torpedo is the BOMB! Get it? Yeah, I'm a dork.:rolleyes: Love SN Celebration, too.

How about we stop talking about SN Torpedo until it's made it to the Boston area... still another week til we get it from what I've heard...

^^
Or, offer up a beer trade... I can ship a 6-er of Torpedo in trade for something good from the Boston area!

as i was planning on buying a 6er of the torpedo some schmuck took two out and i had to pay 1.99 a bottle WTF a-hole. Needless to say i just went back the next day and they had a new shipment in.

ahh crap.

SN is gonna:
1 raise the price
2. run out of citra hops
3. who cares, there wont be a 6er every night for me to buy!

:(

this stuff is terrible. get a bud light instead!

nah, jus kiddin. best IPA i have ever had, and i have two cases of this stuff down t he gullet thus far.

but please, dont tell Sierra Nevada. the $$$ will go up, these are hard times. and i am sure that SNPA sales are down now that this heavenly brew is available, i know i have not purchased one since the torpedo launched.

holy old threads...i have enjoyed SN pale for many years. tryed the bigfoot and celabration right after i found th SN pale. until recently 4 years later i have just started trying the extra, tumbler and stout, porter. i had my first extra Ipa tonight and i think i like it more then the pale. very nice SN

I was admittedly nonplussed by the Torpedo last year, but I haven't had the opportunity this year yet. I've enjoyed the Celebration for years in spite of its variations. Looking forward to trying out the Torpedo again this year. If memory serves, it tasted grassy last year and the hops didn't so much stand out as bog down the beer.

Anybody know what a sixer goes for in the Seattle area?

I actually didn't care for Torpedo IPA much. My favorite is still Lagunitas IPA or Stone. Definitely better than a bud though lol.

Yep, Torpedo is the BOMB! Get it? Yeah, I'm a dork.:rolleyes: Love SN Celebration, too.
Celebration is fantastic, I love that beer. I like Torpedo, but I tend to only buy it when it's on sale. The 24 oz bottles were great when I was still bottling.

Just picked up a sixer of this last night and enjoyed a bottle. Very tasty. I think the Glissade is still my favorite of their offerings though.

I was admittedly nonplussed by the Torpedo last year, but I haven't had the opportunity this year yet. I've enjoyed the Celebration for years in spite of its variations. Looking forward to trying out the Torpedo again this year. If memory serves, it tasted grassy last year and the hops didn't so much stand out as bog down the beer.

Anybody know what a sixer goes for in the Seattle area?

I welcome the variations. Keeps things interesting!! :mug:
I think the main reason for the variations year to year is that it is a wet hopped ale

The last 12 pack of Ranger I had tasted like cardboard; I must have gotten an old or bad batch. Torpedo is real good but I prefer Celebration...both are really great actually :)

im allready at work dreaming of a cold extra ipa. hmmmm kinda hoppy and malty deffently evenly balanced and nice fruity favors.

i had a Sn tumbler first they were colder. debating on opening a local brewerys 24oz tandem ipa. may save the the SN extra for the weekend????

I want to try a blind tasting with Torpedo and Celebration...just for fun. I think I can easily tell them apart.

There's only one way to find out. :)

So it's kind of like running an entire tankful of beer through a Randall?

It's constantly circulating and they run the beer through 3 times I believe and at varying temperatures, I think they start around 58° and then go down from there to around 40° i believe

Have you had the chance to try Lagunitas Hopped Stoopid? One of the best beers I've ever had.

I did, I thought it was great, but taste wise I liked the regular Lagunitas IPA better. The hop stoopid was awesome, it just had a slightly sweeter taste to it.

Back