Places to drink in Memphis

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hambone

Reaction score
I'm going to a Rugby Tournament in Memphis on August 1st. Although there is always a kick a$$ party afterwards, they usually consists of kegs of BMC. I was wondering if anyone knew any good places to drink good beer?

What part of Memphis? The Flying Saucer is always a good bet. I love the one in Memphis. Hundreds of beers, big open windows looking out at the street, and cute girls in mini skirts serving you.

I would also recommend Silky O'sullivans. The beer selection is much more limited, but they do have some OK beers, but the patio is just awesome.

i'm not sure where at but i think the party is in downtown Memphis. Thanks for the suggestions. I have heard many good things about the Flying Saucer .

+1 On the Flying Saucer. But watch your back if you get away from the cleaner parts of Memphis.

Flying saucer all the way. been there a number of times. Wed nights I think you can get the nightly special and the glass. Had a barley wine I got the glass for one time. And the chicks in miniskirts are a bonus.

When I first move to West Tn I met a guy Who said "Memphis isn't that bad" I asked him what he did for a living he said "I'm a door gunner on a bread truck." :ban: :D Just kidding. But watch your cornhole bud.

Another vote for the Flying Saucer...

And if you wind up on Beale street, go towards the east end and find the New Daisy Theatre, in front of which you will most likely find one of favorite musicians set up on the sidewalk giving a free show, his name is Richard Johnson and he's an incredible one-man-band hill-country blues artist. Even if you don't like blues music, it's just incredible to watch him play.

And if you get really drunk and want to experience some craziness, head a few blocks off Beale to Raiford's Hollywood Disco... Just be forewarned, the only thing they sell in there are 40's of Bud Light, so when they ask if you want a beer, that's what you'll be getting. And don't be frightened by the door-man that's packing heat. It's been about 6 years since I lived in Memphis though, so that place may be totally unsafe now, it was only marginally safe 6 years ago, and I was just out of college and didn't give a crap.

Ya gotta go to Silky O'Sullivan's it's just to get a Diver
(trying to remember my days at NAS Millington . . . most of them are erased because of Divers)

Latest posts

Back