My build, not for the faint of heart

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BenjaminR

Reaction score
I know im sort of new around here but alas I built what I think is a fine rig.

This is my journey

Had to make some modifications to my lil fridge. The front doors stuck out to far and the little lips on the sides of the fridge stuck out to far to fit 2 kegs.

So I cut it all off
PICT0108.jpg

PICT0113.jpg

here are my pieces for the poor man tower (dont worry Tim is workin on dreaming one up for me.)
PICT0105.jpg

Fiber glass for the front door
PICT0206.jpg

fiber glass sides
PICT0209.jpg

PICT0210.jpg

PICT0211.jpg

mat down
PICT0212.jpg

First coat
PICT0213.jpg

second mat down
PICT0214.jpg

The top I built
PICT0250.jpg

PICT0251.jpg

Kegs chillin inside
PICT0252.jpg

The tower, not finished yet, I am waiting on my faucets and shanks to show up at the moment.
PICT0253.jpg

My tap handles
PICT0254.jpg

Oh herrow beer
PICT0262.jpg

PICT0260.jpg

PICT0258.jpg

PICT0259.jpg

PICT0263.jpg

PICT0264.jpg

PICT0265.jpg

PICT0266.jpg

PICT0302.jpg

PICT0304.jpg

PICT0305.jpg

PICT0306.jpg

PICT0307.jpg

Anyway I have a small computer fan in the inside hooked up to a old phone charger pumping cold air into the tower and it is working great!

I wasn't planning on this being so in depth or involved but a little time and effort was worth not having to purchase a different fridge since I had already had this one for a few years. Plus I think it looks good.

Oh and not being able to view pics on here FTL....

Click free
I know im sort of new around here but alas I built what I think is a fine rig.

This is my journey

Had to make some modifications to my lil fridge. The front doors stuck out to far and the little lips on the sides of the fridge stuck out to far to fit 2 kegs.

So I cut it all off
PICT0108.jpg

PICT0113.jpg

here are my pieces for the poor man tower (dont worry Tim is workin on dreaming one up for me.)
PICT0105.jpg

Fiber glass for the front door
PICT0206.jpg

fiber glass sides
PICT0209.jpg

PICT0210.jpg

PICT0211.jpg

mat down
PICT0212.jpg

First coat
PICT0213.jpg

second mat down
PICT0214.jpg

You should be able to inline the images with the toolbar icon thingy for 'insert image' Let me try and show you:

some url[img]

Put a '/' in the last [img]

Click Free
PICT0264.jpg

PICT0265.jpg

PICT0266.jpg

PICT0302.jpg

PICT0304.jpg

PICT0305.jpg

PICT0306.jpg

PICT0307.jpg

Anyway I have a small computer fan in the inside hooked up to a old phone charger pumping cold air into the tower and it is working great!

I wasn't planning on this being so in depth or involved but a little time and effort was worth not having to purchase a different fridge since I had already had this one for a few years. Plus I think it looks good.

Oh and not being able to view pics on here FTL....

You should be able to inline the images with the toolbar icon thingy for 'insert image' Let me try and show you:

some url[img]

Put a '/' in the last [img][/QUOTE]

thanks for the help but that is how they all were.

And thanks I do like my hookah.

Thanks Demon, I appreciate the help.

Nice job man, I'm impressed. The idea for the tower makes total sense for someone wanting to do it cheaper and just as efficient.

Yeah it works for now and it only cost me $25 for the material and $10 for a drill bit and paint. The fan and charger I already had so yeah, it works just as good as any other, im pleased with it.

I'm impressed! Excellent build and workmanship! I actually like the PVC tower a lot. It looks just a good as the store bought towers.

Thanks everyone.

And they are a two full racks of spare pork ribs. As you can note the smoker next to the fridge, the next best thing to home brew is smoked meat.

Did you make that top shelf yourself? That is some nice craftsmanship. A tower made out of wood would look really really nice.

Ill give ya the money shot
PICT0269.jpg

Guess that would have helped eh?

And I killed it all off in 3 days with little help, I need to expand ops already.

A rack of ribs, a fine hookah & your own home brew on tap! That's as good as it gets!

Do you stand there and hold the autosiphon throughout the entire transfer process?

Yeah, I used to do that too until someone here showed a pic of a clothespin...

Put a rubber band around the siphon, put clothes pin on rubber band, attach to carboy rim. :mug:

Do you stand there and hold the autosiphon throughout the entire transfer process?

Yeah, I used to do that too until someone here showed a pic of a clothespin...

Put a rubber band around the siphon, put clothes pin on rubber band, attach to carboy rim. :mug:

I've discovered yet another use for duct tape!

SDC12000.jpg

Yeah, the past few times I have just held it. I will have to get out the role of duct tape next time!

And yes I feel I am getting quite a good collection of things going, home brew on tap, smoked meats and hookah. For only being 22 I think I am accomplishing life lol if I can only get out of school now...

Latest posts

Back