Help finding supplies in europe!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZagrebBob

Reaction score
Hello,

Heres an attempt to find supplies in Zagreb, Croatia. I've asked around but no word yet. Heading to Graz, Austria soon and looks like the city might be a place to find ingredients.

FYI, hoppy beer is not available here, tis' a country of pilsners. Anyways, Slovenia is close and I read a recent article in the IHT that featured craft brewing in Italy which is gaining speed.

So, anyone know of a place to buy ingredients in Southeastern Europe? Online works too, I just need a german translator...Many thanks in advance for any help. Cheers! :fro:

Hi Bob. Welcome to Homebrewtalk. I'm thinking you are probably one of the first members from your particular area in Europe. I don't know if breweries over there would be willing to let you buy ingredients from them but it's an option. You also might check with this forum member who lives in Poland.

You could try getting ahold of the 1516 Brewing Company in Vienna and see if they're willing to help you out in the hoppy beer department (if that's what you're after). The owner absolutely loves Victory's Hop Devil, and brews a clone on premise, so you might be able to score some ingredients from the pub if you plead a decent case. I know it's not that close to Graz, but it's worth a shot to see if you could work out some sort of shipping plan.

Good luck. :mug:

Welcome to the wonderful world of homebrewing! I agree with McKBrew, talk to some of the local breweries to get your malts. It's worth a shot and it may help you with shipping charges. As for hops, it looks like you can get some US varieties via the web and have them shipped. Though we can probably send you back with some when you come back this winter. :)

Can't wait to try some of your brew next summer :tank:

Back