BATF Arizona Brew Day Sunday 9/7

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Desert Monkey

Reaction score
BATF - Phoenix September brew out

I can host a brew out these dates -

Sat 9/6 or Sun 9/7

As standard BATF practice - Papago on Thursday 09/04 ~ 6:30 PM

Early morning start seems to work best for all involved -

If someone has a truck, we have a few guys who might like to hitch a ride with some gear -

We can grill out, and stare at the pond in back.

I'll be down for either of those brewout days.

I am wanting to stop by the container party, I won't be able to stay more than an hour or two tho. Gulden draak on tap is gonna be friggin sweet.

I would love to come to the brew out, whenever you decide to hold it. I should also be able to make it to Papago on the Thursday.
I have a question, what is a "container" party?

B30:
I plan on doing my 999 brew that day. I know that you said getting all your stuff to the brewout might be a problem. Any interest in helping me do a small beer with the second runnings? I could use your keggle and burner then... :D.

B30:
I plan on doing my 999 brew that day. I know that you said getting all your stuff to the brewout might be a problem. Any interest in helping me do a small beer with the second runnings? I could use your keggle and burner then... :D.

Well the burners are incorporated into a triple burner stand about 5 feet by 2 feet. So the stand transport is still the problem. Still working the keggles but should be usable by the Sept 1. This week end when I finish the keggles I will see if I can pack the keggles into the front of the car and hang the stand out of the trunk. No promises, I drive a Cobalt.

Edit: If I can get my stuff there I will do 999 barleywine also, or maybe a Piraat clone.

We're almost upon the date!

Sunday the 7th, and I was thinking of starting at 8am - will that work for everyone?

I have:
olllllo doing his 999
Brandon O - brewing ?
beerthirty - brewing ?
Iordz - brewing ?
I'm doing a mild something.

Who's going to make Papago tomorrow night? I'm there round 6pm.

As much as I look forward to meeting and brewing with you guys, I've got on-call duty this weekend and can't leave the house... hopefully next time.

I'll be there to help you guys.

I promise not to clog anyones valves with leaf hops like I did to olllllo last time. :eek:

but ya, my rig won't be ready yet and SWMBO will be pissed if I brew with out her. Next brew out she will be available and my rig will be ready.

I'm stoked just to hang out and brew.

I'll post the pics later tonight when I get home. It was pretty cool to see the processes both olllllo and beerthirty used for their brews. The day was a little on the hot side, even with that sun behind the clouds -

As was mentioned in the 999 thread, we had 3 brewers brewing 4 beers.
Desert Monkey brewedup a Rye.
beerthirty and I each brewed our 999 beers. I actually used some of beerthirty's excess wort and ended up with a larger batch than I had planned.
We used third runnings from each of our tuns to build a 4 gallon 1040 beer.

Not a bad days work.

The 4 gallon 1040 beer is really busy, and the Rye blew up into the three piece. I set up a blow-off last night. Pic soon as I get some motivation to load them. SPORE is taking my life over - - -

Pics!
The setup -
BATFbrewoutSept09009.jpg

Beerthirty setting up and olllllo looking on
BATFbrewoutSept09011.jpg

olllllo on the laptop
BATFbrewoutSept09012.jpg

Latest posts

Back