Any KC interest? I've missed out on the last few.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boardndave

Reaction score
As the title suggests, just a feeler for a KC group buy. I haven't seen anything in a few months and the only local places aren't as cheap as what I have seen on other group buys in this forum ($35 for a bag of 2-row, etc.).

So, anybody interested?

I'd be interested. I'm not in KC, but would find a way to pick some up. Out of curiousity, what are you giving for a sack of 2-row up there? May be worth my drive even without the group buy.

Generally speaking, 50-65 depending on which store you visit. Definitely more expensive than I would prefer. I'm out in Lawrence regularly and could easily bring a few bags out to cut the distance for you if we're able to get a GB rolling.

Hello All I have a great source for bottles out of STL but I am going to need a way to split up about 3000 of them any one interested?

cdwiggi said:
Hello All I have a great source for bottles out of STL but I am going to need a way to split up about 3000 of them any one interested?

Size? Color? How much?

Size? Color? How much?
Ok I can get Blvd style 12 oz at about .26 cents each or Long Necks 12oz at about .25 cents each. All of these are amber in color and as far as I can tell are just like the ones we are getting from home brew supplies store only difference is it is bulk and not cases. Also I am in Macon MO but could make a trip to KC to drop allot of these off if some one wanted them or would handle handing them out...

Let me know who would like some and I will see if we can come up with enough to cover what I am not going to use.

Thanks
cd

Here's the specs for my LHBS's group grain buy, but hurry, I know he's planning on placing the order by Friday:

50 pound bags of Briess
Since 1876, Briess Malt & Ingredients Company has been supplying the brewing community with the highest quality malts in the industry. And for the past four decades they've distinguished themselves by developing the most extensive line of specialty malts produced by any malting company in the world.

Pilsen Malt $48.00

2-Row Brewers Malt $45.00

Organic 2-Row Brewers Malt $60.50

6-Row Brewers Malt $44.00

Pale Ale Malt $49.00

Organic Pale Ale Malt $62.00

Wheat Malt, White $46.00

Wheat, Red $46.00

Vienna Malt $49.00

Ashburne® Mild Malt $50.50

Bonlander® Munich Malt $50.50

Organic Bonlander® Munich Malt $62.00

Aromatic Malt $50.50

Munich Malt 10L $49.00

Munich Malt 20L $49.00

caramel malts 10 $54.00

caramel malt 20l $54.00

caramel malt 40l $54.00

caramal malt 60l $54.00

caramel malt 80l $54.00

caramel malt 120L $54.00

Caramel Vienne 20L $55.00

Caramel Munich 60L $55.00

Carapils Malt $55.00

Victory Malt $56.00

Special Roast Malt $56.00

Rye Malt $59.00

Chocolate Malt $59.00

Black Patent Malt $57.00

Roasted Barley $56.00

Black Barley $56.00

GAMBRINUS 55lb
Gambrinus Malting Corporation has the distinction of being the smallest malting house in North America. The company produces about 6,200 US tons of malt each year.
The malthouse originally belonged to the Schlossquell Brewery of Heidelberg, Germany. In 1992 the malthouse was dismantled and shipped to Armstrong, BC, Canada where it still resides today producing some of the finest Canadian 2‐Row malts available.
Pilsen $58
Pale ale malt $58
ESB malt $58
Vienna malt $60
Munich light (90) $60
Munich dark (100) $60
Honey malt $60
Organic Pilsen $65
Organic Pale ale $65
Organic light Munich $65
Organic wheat $65

Great Western Malting Co.
Founded in 1934, Great Western Malting is the oldest malting company in the western United States, operating malt plants in Vancouver, Washington and Pocatello, Idaho.
With the capability to load railcars, trucks, bulk vessels and containers, Great Western Malting supplies brewers, distillers and food processors in the United States, Canada,Asia and South America with the highest quality malts.
50lb bags
Premium 2-row $46
Northwest Pale ale $46
Vienna $46
2-Row Crystal 15,30,40,60,75,120,150 $54

Best Maltz
Headquartered in Heidelberg, Best Malz malt houses are located in the best cultivation areas for growing brewer’s grade barley in Europe – Niedersachsen, Rheinhessen,
Rheinland‐Pfalz and Baden Wuerttemberg, Germany. Best uses only pure, top‐grade, two‐row spring barley which they personally choose from in their own growing
region. All of their barley and wheat is grown under controlled agricultural methods, based on the most g f y g g , modern agricultural regiment with the goal of fulfilling your specific demands for quality.
55lb bags
Heidelberg Malt $57
Pilsen $57
Pale wheat $57
Dark wheat $57
Vienna $57
Light Munich $57
Dark Munich $57
Aromatic $57
Caramal malt pils $59
Caramel malt light $59
Caramel malt II (new) $59
Chit malt (new) $59
Melanoiden malt $58
Acidulated malt $65
Smoked malt $65
Spelt malt (new) $65
Bairds Malt
Established in 1823, Bairds Malt Ltd currently operates five malting sites across the UK. Their malt houses are located in the best malting barley growing regions in the
UK so as such, they have a policy of using only locally grown barley. As suppliers to many well known brewing and distilling companies, they take quite a bit ofpleasure from the fact that a great many people enjoying a drink indirectly appreciate our efforts in producing malt of the highest quality.
55lb bags
Maris Otter $59
Pale ale $54
Pilsen $54
Vienna $55
Munich $55
Light Carastan malt $56
Carastan Malt $56
Crystal malt (new) $56
Dark Crystal Malt $56
Light Crystal Malt $56
Extra Dark Crystal $56
Chocolate Malt $60
Black Malt $60
Roasted Barley $60

Thomas Faucett and Sons
Golden Promise 55lb $61

Contact Noah at: [email protected]

Ok I can get Blvd style 12 oz at about .26 cents each or Long Necks 12oz at about .25 cents each. All of these are amber in color and as far as I can tell are just like the ones we are getting from home brew supplies store only difference is it is bulk and not cases. Also I am in Macon MO but could make a trip to KC to drop allot of these off if some one wanted them or would handle handing them out...

Let me know who would like some and I will see if we can come up with enough to cover what I am not going to use.

Thanks
cd

I'd be interested in 200 of the long necks, if you're ever in the Columbia, MO area. I live in Holts Summit, and can't really justify the trip to Macon to SWMBO, just to pick up bottles. However, we go to Columbia regularly.

Good luck finding 2-row in KC for $35/ bag. I don't see it happening.

$44 is about the cheapest I have seen or can find.

Back