An Empty Keg Of Sadness

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crosley623

Reaction score
I kegged my first ever batch a few weeks ago, a IPA of my own recipe. While watching hockey I went down for a refill and gurgle gurgle and foam.
This is a very bad time for me...

Ahh! That stinks, especially during playoff season. My second keg is just about done (they each took 2 weeks), and there's nothing ready yet. But my Apfelwein is drinkable :) I'm glad HWMC is still on his low-carb diet, otherwise the beer would probably last just one week!

I guess I drink more each night than I thought, since I was the only person that pulled a beer off of it. Luckily I have an ESB ready to put in this keg and a rye IPA fermenting. Hopefully I can find another keg before its ready.

There are few sadder moments in life than when a keg of your favorite beer kicks. I am truly sorry for your loss.

I love when a keg kicks! I get to put a fresh new beer on tap!

MC

Well, that is the circle of life, and a new thread announcing the tapping of said keg is indeed a great joy, bringing a new beer into the world.

But here today, we mourne the loss of one fine beer which gave its entire existence to bringing others joy.

i hear you, ive got maybe one or two more pours left in my first keg of an unearthly imperial ipa clone... i dont want to drink it because i dont want it to be gone haha

My kegerator is a three-tap unit, and a few weeks ago I actually had all three kegs spit foam in one night.

I'd have been really upset if I didn't have 30 gallons of extra beer in the house :)

Lets try this again. BarneyGrumble I think your statement is going in my signature.. yep there it is!

That was me last night, and like my keg, the Flyers came up empty in OT. Bummer.

I too am a sad Flyers fan after tonights game 5, my friend...However, to the young OP that kicke his keg, an empty keg means that the beer was probably pretty damn good. And now is the time to MAKE MORE! I love homebrew.

I was fairly optimistic because I was supposed to pick up a full keg of an ESB I brewed a 10 gal batch of with a buddy, only that he has pneumonia and couldn't make it. So it's still an empty keg without my next ready till this weekend. Oh well a chance to try new beers for a week...
And what a good game tonight, all Flyers fans should be really pissed about Bryzgalov!
If it makes you feel any better I'm rooting for Philly too....

Last week I kicked a keg of sorachi wheat in 8 days. Then went to pour a glass of doppelbock and psshhh. Two kegs on the same night sucks.

Latest posts

Back