bubbles in secondary?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thisgoestoeleven

Reaction score
I know I should RDWHAHB, but I'm a little concerned about the bubbles I'm noticing on top of my porter. I assume it's just a little fermentation from the bourbon and vanilla the oak chips were soaking in, but I wanted to post a pic here and get some feedback

photo.jpg

I don't think you have anything to worry about. I had the same thing happen when I moved my Raspberry Wheat to Secondary.

So you are calling it a "secondary". Common wisdom is that it's a secondary fermenter. As it is a fermenter, and you are getting some CO2 bubbling, why are you concerned ? It's fermenting, still.

I was concerned about infection, I was relieved to find out that it was just fermentation. Took another sample today to check on the oak flavor. I'll probably bottle end of next week if I've got time.

So you are calling it a "secondary". Common wisdom is that it's a secondary fermenter. As it is a fermenter, and you are getting some CO2 bubbling, why are you concerned ? It's fermenting, still.

Because secondaries, contrary to their name, don't usually involve any fermentation.

Back