HomeBrewTalk Image Hunt!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a post from a month earlier, presumably before HBT was even open to the public. :cross:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/asdsdasda-1/

I've long suspected that TxBrew actually is Hermann Hesse, and the literary merits of his early writings here only go to confirm that. dasasdsdasdsadsadsdasdads, indeed, good sir. dasasdsdasdsadsadsdasdads, indeed.

Wow, cool.

Clearly Herman TxBrew Hesse was using onomatopoeia. That's the sound of a babbling river. The river is time.

A membership would be cool. But I'm stumped. I'll have to check back when my brain cools.

So you've hidden an image somewhere on a forum with some 4.5 millions posts and no clues will be given... what a monumental waste of time.

No-one is holding a gun to your head to find it right?

If you enjoy looking for a needle in a haystack for very little reward then go ahead, more power to ya ;) It would seem non-sensical to me to not give clues especially on a forum of this size.

I'm gonna hide a bar of gold in the Saraha... when you find it you can keep it.

If you enjoy looking for a needle in a haystack for very little reward then go ahead, more power to ya ;) It would seem non-sensical to me to not give clues especially on a forum of this size.

I'm gonna hide a bar of gold in the Saraha... when you find it you can keep it.

I don't have to look I paid for a membership. I looked for a bit then gave up, my point is, if you don't like the way the game is played, don't play it. You don't have to come here all hostile about the fact that the admin is GIVING a free lifetime membership.

He could just say screw you guys pay for memberships. Rather he comes up with an inventive way to challenge the members. If the contest was tailor made for you, you'd probably enjoy it better but I'm certain the other membership wouldn't. To each his own. But you don't have to come here complaining.

I don't have to look I paid for a membership. I looked for a bit then gave up, my point is, if you don't like the way the game is played, don't play it. You don't have to come here all hostile about the fact that the admin is GIVING a free lifetime membership.

He could just say screw you guys pay for memberships. Rather he comes up with an inventive way to challenge the members. If the contest was tailor made for you, you'd probably enjoy it better but I'm certain the other membership wouldn't. To each his own. But you don't have to come here complaining.

I think its great, although the SWMBO thinks other wise as I have spent I would say close to 10 hours hunting this image.

Either way I think it is an awesome Idea and also a great "Marketing Ploy" to get the members of this awesome site to get out there and read the information posted. In my 10 hours of hunting I have also found some very useful information. So Great Job TX and I'm gonna find this Dang thing!!!!!

Looking for a single image amongst millions of posts without any clues is just plain asinine. If that's what floats your boat then go ahead.

On the plus side, I've found lots of other things to waste money on by visiting threads I normally wouldn't.... Thanks Tx :drunk: :mug:

Looking for a single image amongst millions of posts without any clues is just plain asinine. If that's what floats your boat then go ahead.

180px-Trollcow.png

Don't feed the Troll!

Back on topic:

Something tells me that there is a simple component that I am overlooking. It will come to me and I will be a member.

I do agree that a scavenger hunt normally gives clues and riddles to help. maybe one clue a day Tx :D

Don't feed the Troll!

Back on topic:

Something tells me that there is a simple component that I am overlooking. It will come to me and I will be a member.

I'm thinking it's in a useful thread, something sticky and lengthy maybe? I've given up looking, but I would look through important threads.

But it could also be completely random. Haha I love this game. :drunk:

Tx has already given two clues: The first one is directly in the OP under the title "Hints" ;), and the second is a couple pages back and narrowed the search down quite a bit.

I think its great, although the SWMBO thinks other wise as I have spent I would say close to 10 hours hunting this image.

Either way I think it is an awesome Idea and also a great "Marketing Ploy" to get the members of this awesome site to get out there and read the information posted. In my 10 hours of hunting I have also found some very useful information. So Great Job TX and I'm gonna find this Dang thing!!!!!

I'm on about the 10 hour mark as well. Maybe more. ;) This can also help us newbs gather general knowledge instead of filling up the threads with things that have already been asked. ;)

Is there a deadline? What if no one finds it without .... " help "

If you blah blah blah blah and blah blah blah, there the picture be.

While I didn't think it would be this easy.. I searched anyway for blah blah blah blah and blah blah blah, and came up with nothing other then SwampassJ posts a lot and that is in his signature. :/

Thought I would pass that along in case someone else had the same dumb idea.

I have it figured out. It wasn't too hard once I grep'ed the output of the pipe of a query from some custom code.

It's actually in a very clever location. Tx's hint was actually pretty good. ;)

Since this is slowly eating away at my brain (thus making the notion that I have 'given up' apparently an outright lie. oh well, I tried), here's Tx's comments to date:

1)No hints will be given. Don't ask.

If you would like more information in supporting membership, or to sign up, please see this link.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/payments.php

2)It's in a forum everyone has access to, and it's not in any of my post. I hid the image.

3)It's in a forum that covers the brewing of beer. It is not in an off topic, or members section.

4)If you blah blah blah blah and blah blah blah, there the picture be.

picture be...picture...picture of a man...manbearpig....pigs get the flu....cold..... cold....give the computer a cold... seriously I think I'm on to something here

For whatever reason, I've decided "If you blah blah blah blah and blah blah blah, there the picture be" means "If you relax, don't worry, and have a homebrew, there the picture be".

Google lists 9,910 results for "site:homebrewtalk.com RDWHAHB" and 22,400 results for "site:homebrewtalk.com relax don't worry have a homebrew". I've run through the top 10 hits for both searches and gotten nothing. The site search didn't do me any good either.

I think I should RDWHAHB, and forget about this thread.

For whatever reason, I've decided "If you blah blah blah blah and blah blah blah, there the picture be" means "If you relax, don't worry, and have a homebrew, there the picture be".

Google lists 9,910 results for "site:homebrewtalk.com RDWHAHB" and 22,400 results for "site:homebrewtalk.com relax don't worry have a homebrew". I've run through the top 10 hits for both searches and gotten nothing. The site search didn't do me any good either.

I think I should RDWHAHB, and forget about this thread.

you're missing a "blah". ;)

I have it figured out. It wasn't too hard once I grep'ed the output of the pipe of a query from some custom code.

Oh if only I knew that techie stuff better.

Do be a good chap and tell me... :)

The original hint or the blah hint?

My brain hurts...

I'll just have to drop this. Thanks for the offer Tx!!!

I'm gonna go get a recipe or something now.

Not impressed; nor do I believe you.

So you scraped the site with custom code, searched said output and found the kiddy.jpg?

Scraping or even crawling a forum like this just isn't that simple and would take a reasonable amount of time and effort to write code for with all of the authentication etc..

I'm guessing you also don't have direct access to the DB.

I call BS on your greping of 'customer query' output....

So you scraped the site with custom code, searched said output and found the kiddy.jpg?

Scraping or even crawling a forum like this just isn't that simple and would take a reasonable amount of time and effort to write code for with all of the authentication etc..

Seriously man, who whizzed in your cornflakes this morning? If you don't like the game MOVE ALONG!! Why don't you start your own thread to complain about this one so the person who cares(you) can read it.

Good post

Seriously man, who whizzed in your cornflakes this morning? If you don't like the game MOVE ALONG!! Why don't you start your own thread to complain about this one so the person who cares(you) can read it.

There's nothing wrong with what he wrote. He's got the PASSION

thesmithsera said:
Good post

There's nothing wrong with what he wrote. He's got the PASSION

Have you not read his previous posts? He's been complaining since this morning.

Homer's well known in greping circles. Legendary. There is a Grand Grep Pubaa hat shaped like a penguin's furry scalp that he won in the last International GrepOff (2004). What now, smarty, hmmm?

Homer's well known in greping circles. Legendary. There is a Grand Grep Pubaa hat shaped like a penguin's furry scalp that he won in the last International GrepOff (2004). What now, smarty, hmmm?

What about the leather thong he won in 08?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back