Today belongs in the "Crappy Day Hall of Fame"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KayaBrew

Reaction score
Seriously, the weather here in the Adirondacks the last 3 days has been nothing short of miserable. Temps in the mid-30's, the humidity is high making it really damp and clammy, the precip has been rain mixed with snow that instantly melted when it touched down, creating a 3 inch deep lake in my frozen tundra of a gravel and sand driveway. The skiing blows right now, and all I can think about is my crippling addiction to mountain biking. Christ, even the dogs look suicidal.

So I did what anyone would do to cheer themself up. I brewed 5 gallons of a 1.070 IPA with 7 ounces of Simcoe hops. The f*ckin' wort is green! In over 6 years of brewing, this is the most amount of hops I've ever stuffed into a beer.

came home last night and my wife informed my that my son popped open the picnic tap on a freshly tapped keg of cider. good times. hope the patio concrete enjoyed it.

I had a pretty decent day today, so sorry about your luck! Although I empathize with you--I have an addiction to this thing called "being outside while not freezing my **** off," and unfortunately, I haven't been able to feed that addiction in months. It's almost worse towards the end, isn't it? You know spring is right around the corner, yet it seems so far away....

DUDE......The day off and you BREWED. I don't know whether to laugh maniacally or smack you.

do you know how many people would be willing to trade you??????????????

Not to rub it in, but it is sunny and 61F here today and I just brewed 6 gallons of RIS and it went off without a hitch! I am sitting here with my dogs, the house is opened up, I can here the high school baseball team practicing on the ball field adjacent to my house, nobody is home but me and the dogs, and I am drinking a homebrewed IPA. Life is pretty good today!

Not to rub it in, but it is sunny and 61F here today and I just brewed 6 gallons of RIS and it went off without a hitch! I am sitting here with my dogs, the house is opened up, I can here the high school baseball team practicing on the ball field adjacent to my house, nobody is home but me and the dogs, and I am drinking a homebrewed IPA. Life is pretty good today!

Darn, that was Portland's allotment of sunny days for all of 2013. I feel so much better now!:D

got to make myself feel better about that post. i think i better go grind the grain for tomorrow's brew of 10g cream of 3 crops, even though it's going to be a killer cold 55 degrees... :D

I went snowboarding on friday. My first time out and graduated to black diamond trails. Ok. Diamond for PA resorts. Legs got tired and had a spectacular fall. Face straight into the ground. I really wish someone got it on video for proof. No real damage, but I was unable to get off the couch at all yesterday and I had a brew all planned out. Today I am at work. Hopefully tomorrow after work I will have time to brew and my out of shape ass will be able to keep up. Pity me, a day where you are too sore to brew is far worse than yours.

Back