Official Denver CMC Group Buy #6

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any chance of the Belgian pale again? What about specialties like millet or other gluten free offerings? I'm thinking it would be fun to try out.

Count me in for 200# barley.

I just got done doughing in the last of my 100# order from last time - 2lbs short of my grain bill for this guy :(

Hmm, barley crops must have been bad this year. That's up 18.6% from the last GB. Wheat is up 11.7%.

Could be, but I know the demand side is driving CMC's price up as well. Still much better than the LHBS @ $69 + 8% tax.....BUT with the new delivery charge we would have to have a roughly 3,000 lb order to keep the per bag price at around $50. And by my count we are only at about 1,100 lbs of interest so far..........

I am just curious but is CMC 2 row that much better than rahr 2 row. I get rahr for .75/lb so the CMC prices don't really make it worth it anymore. Don't get me wrong I know rahr is not the best but is CMC worth 1.00/lb? Or more if this group buy doesn't get more interest.

Gray-

I would say that is each individuals call....is it 25-30% better than rahr? I don't know.......is it grown in our backyard by good people...yes. I will contemplating this same question when the last of my grain is gone, probably around mid Oct.

Just to help keep it going I will pick up 100 lbs of the 2-row also.

I am in for 100 lb of pale malt and 50 lb of wheat malt when we do the next group buy.

If the Belgian pale is available, I would be in for 50 lb of it as well if that helps get us closer.

I'll go in for 50# of the pale malt. It's about all I have room for, but if the Belgian pale is available, I would squeeze in 50# of that as well.

Based on a quick scan of the last few pages, it looks like this buy is up to around 1600 pounds, so delivery is currently at $7.81 per 50# sack. Total per sack pricing, for comparison purposes:

Barley: $44.50 + $7.81 = $52.31
Wheat: $47.50 + 7.81 = $55.31

By the way, what kinda time frame are we looking at here? Also, what's the time in between buys? If its six months between buys, then I'm in for considerably more

By the way, what kinda time frame are we looking at here? Also, what's the time in between buys?

I didn't get in on the last buy, but based on posts earlier in this thread, it looks like delivery was in late June. Assuming this buy comes together for later this month or early next, that would be 4-ish months.

Do we have any volunteers to put this together?

I'll put together a google docs spreadsheet to see where things are and link that back here.

I wanted to put this in this thread first to see if any of the CO people may need it......I MAY have an extra G A B F members ticket for Sat, I'll know for sure by next Weds....PM me if you are interested....IF i do need to get rid of it I will be selling for face.

A Google Doc for how this buy is coming together is linked below.

A couple of caveats. If you didn't specify a particular type of grain, I've assumed the base/2-row. If you specified a range (e.g., 150-200), I've assumed the lower number. All this can be adjusted as necessary.

At this point, the total is up to 1750 pounds. If the Belgian Pale is available, that would add another 250 pounds. CMC should be able to confirm what's on hand.

CMC Group Buy #7

The last buy in June looks like it totaled 2900 pounds, so this one still has a ways to go.

Blue-

Can you take that google doc and start an official Denver #7 thread? Also, I added 50#'s of wheat to my order

Thanks

RFB

A new thread has been created to organize another CMC group buy for Denver and the Front Range. If you're interested in participating, check that thread out here.

Back