Help with tower/kegerator set up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shtank

Reaction score
I have a large L shaped bar and i want to mount a tower on the bar with the kegerator underneath. I havent bought anything yet because i'm concerned about chilling the lines (do they need to be chilled?) I have about 45" of clearance. I'm leaning towards a 4.5cf mini fridge. But would love to have room for more than 2 kegs. Any advice would be great thanks

Here's a link to what I did for an under-counter keezer.

My Man Cave

If I did it again, I would have rebuilt the draft box to my original plans of having the two fans side by side, rather than sandwiched together. That was an unexpected design change since the shanks came in farther than I thought they would. I got ahead of myself and built the box before they arrived, and ended up having to cross the lines over like that.

I may end up building a new tap setup. This works okay, but will only get the box down to about 53°, so I still have to pour off a little each time to prevent foaming. The lid doesn't have the best seal, and I have yet to insulate the pvc lines underneath, so I could probably get this to work much better.

Hope this gives you some ideas though.

Back