How to make a Pumpkin Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shoreman

Reaction score
Sorry but its so easy:

All Grain: pale malt, crystal 60 neutral hop start of boil - julliened pumpkin in the mash for 60 min, allspice & cinnamon added at 15 min, 0 min

Extract: light extract, crystal 60- skip pumpkin hop start of boil, allspice & cinnamon added at 15 min, 0 min

English ale yeast

Thanks pumpkin ale guru! Just wish you'd show up more than once a year. Just kidding, not sure the point of this post. Mine are more complex than yours listed but I guess I have the agree it's not as hard as many make it out to be.

Rev

shoreman said:
Sorry but its so easy:

All Grain: pale malt, crystal 60 neutral hop start of boil - julliened pumpkin in the mash for 60 min, allspice & cinnamon added at 15 min, 0 min

Extract: light extract, crystal 60- skip pumpkin hop start of boil, allspice & cinnamon added at 15 min, 0 min

English ale yeast

And just think, if you had come down from the moutain a month ago, someone could have brewed this in time for it to be relevent!

Rev2010 said:
Thanks pumpkin ale guru! Just wish you'd show up more than once a year. Just kidding, not sure the point of this post. Mine are more complex than yours listed but I guess I have the agree it's not as hard as many make it out to be.

Rev

No hard feelings just trying to post the simplicity of the beer - I make it every year - I got the recipe from one of the best brewers in the northeast and its so simple just spreading the simple.

MrManifesto said:
And just think, if you had come down from the moutain a month ago, someone could have brewed this in time for it to be relevent!

I'm not Jesus man, just a homebrewer.

And yes this beer can still be brewed and ready for thanksgiving.

I think the devil is in the details. How MUCH pumpkin? How MUCH allspice/cinnamon? I've seen recipes all over the board on quantity/lbs of pumpkin in a 5gal batch, and one surely wouldn't want to go overboard on the allspice. Since you brew this yearly, do you have some guidelines from experience?

negativereaction said:
I think the devil is in the details. How MUCH pumpkin? How MUCH allspice/cinnamon? I've seen recipes all over the board on quantity/lbs of pumpkin in a 5gal batch, and one surely wouldn't want to go overboard on the allspice. Since you brew this yearly, do you have some guidelines from experience?

1tbsp cinnamon 15 min
1tbsp allspice 15 min
2-5 lbs pumpkin is fine - you don't get any flavor from it anyways maybe some color

I always check my spice level before kegging or bottling - I added a little more this year

I wasn't trying to sound sarcastic in this post just simplify it and it turns out great.

Back