Any Competition Caller On The Forum?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I first read this i thought that you meant any professional duck, duck, goose players. Upon further thought i realized you mean for hunting or just talking to water fowl.

When I first read this i thought that you meant any professional duck, duck, goose players. Upon further thought i realized you mean for hunting or just talking to water fowl.

Hahah nah. I'm a competition caller myself and was just wondering if there were any other callers here.

Maybe someday, but until then I'll stick with my decoys and little ponds/cornfields. All I do now when I try to call is scare them away. :(

Lol. All I can say is practice practice practice and learn from someone really good. Waking up and getting out there is what counts but all the other things are very nice. I see your from New York. You hunt there?

I haven't called any ducks myself yet, but I've been prank called by this little SOB claiming to be Donald Duck. I know it's really Daffy though.

Lol. All I can say is practice practice practice and learn from someone really good. Waking up and getting out there is what counts but all the other things are very nice. I see your from New York. You hunt there?

I'm 4 hours north west of the city - near Syracuse. We actually have some excellent goose/duck hunting in our area, lots of water, cornfields, and accessible private/state land. I used to go to Colorado every winter to hunt geese, until we realized the hunting was better at home. Only thing we don't get is a lot of snow geese...

bierhaus15 said:
I'm 4 hours north west of the city - near Syracuse. We actually have some excellent goose/duck hunting in our area, lots of water, cornfields, and accessible private/state land. I used to go to Colorado every winter to hunt geese, until we realized the hunting was better at home. Only thing we don't get is a lot of snow geese...

Ah, interesting. I live in South Louisiana so I hunt in pretty much some of the best places that there are to hunt. I do most of my hunting in Gueydan, LA in a few different places, all private. I hunt alot with a hunting club and guide service and it's pretty much the best land in Gueydan for both duck and goose. I do some hunting in the marsh too which is really good hunting just alot of work to do it

Ahhhhhhh, Lafayette! My home town.....Used to duck and goose hunt for years. Never got into the competition calling, but I was apparently pretty good with the speck call 'cuz I killed more than my.....errrrrrr, ummm EXACTLY my share for many seasons. Hunted the Gueydan area some, but mostly a little further west near Thornwell.

At that time, I was probably more obsessed with hunting than I have ever been about brewing. Got out of it due to family priorities for several years but my son is at the age where he wants to try it out, so I guess I'll be searching for a place to go next fall.

Added a shot of what hangs around just over my head at my office desk.

Specklebelly.JPG

Guidry said:
Ahhhhhhh, Lafayette! My home town.....Used to duck and goose hunt for years. Never got into the competition calling, but I was apparently pretty good with the speck call 'cuz I killed more than my.....errrrrrr, ummm EXACTLY my share for many seasons. Hunted the Gueydan area some, but mostly a little further west near Thornwell.

At that time, I was probably more obsessed with hunting than I have ever been about brewing. Got out of it due to family priorities for several years but my son is at the age where he wants to try it out, so I guess I'll be searching for a place to go next fall.

Added a shot of what hangs around just over my head at my office desk.

Thornwell is loaded with specks. And you could take him on a guided hunt if he just wants to try it since that'd be way cheaper than a lease, or you could go in the marsh if you have the right boat with the right setup.

Back