STAR SAN Brewers Best Friend

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EPS

Reaction score
I just wanted to give shout out to this stuff. Since i'v been using it no problems with beer, no off flavors, and so easy to use. I was nevous about the foam at first but i never fear the foam now rack right on top of it. Now if i didn't see that beautiful foam i would get worried. Star san best sanitizer in my opinion. Never fear that beautiful foam. 2 Mugs up for star san !!!!!!:mug:

StarSan is fantastic. But used in certain ways, you don't generate any foam (or at least hardly any). I go that route just to be extra anal :D.

StarSan is fantastic. But used in certain ways, you don't generate any foam (or at least hardly any). I go that route just to be extra anal :D.

You should use Saniclean if you don't like the foam. Basically does the same as Starsan without the foam.
I personally think the foam is one of my favorite things about starsan... the foam sanitizes!

How many times do you guys reuse it? I have twenty gallons in a rubbermaid tub with 100 bottles soaking in it ready for bottle day! How many times can I use this batch? I hope I didn't ruin my last to batches! I rinsed all the foam off because o thought it was bad? Tell me I'm ok :0

What I don't get is the people so anal they won't at least try racking onto foam at least once. Do you think this is a giant conspiracy to make you ruin a batch of beer? Have a little faith, and try it once.

My last batch was a first for kegging, steeping, and racking onto foam. Made the best beer I've tasted yet (bias freely admitted), and that's only the 4th batch.

What I don't get is the people so anal they won't at least try racking onto foam at least once. Do you think this is a giant conspiracy to make you ruin a batch of beer? Have a little faith, and try it once.

My last batch was a first for kegging, steeping, and racking onto foam. Made the best beer I've tasted yet (bias freely admitted), and that's only the 4th batch.

I rack on the foam my first time using star san. Everyone said don't fear it so I didn't. I really like the stuff and can be used for other household sanitation as well.

By the way :) how about K.G.B for your QR code question.

I use it as well. I also love PBW and pH stabilizer. The stuff is great and cleans well. Racking to my primary or the krausen will push any starsan out of the neck and blowoff anyway...so no real need to worry.

Back