Cheap, Easy, Quick DIY Carboy Carrier

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SowegaBrews

Reaction score
DSC03933.jpg

pretty much just some rope in semi-strategic places. some knots held in place with zip ties. i used some wrong sized tubing a jerk at a worthless HBS in Knoxville sold me as handles to make it a bit easier on your hands. it holds up great filled with water and is much easier to carry than nothing at all.

(the top rope is there just to keep the whole thing from sliding off the carboy)

the rope also acts somewhat as a buffer between the glass and whatever surface you place it on.

Looks like the boyscout's solution to an otherwise easily solved problem.

Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for the DIY-ness of this post. It just seems like a milk crate would have been easier/cheaper/faster. :mug:

Well maybe you have a milk crate laying around and maybe he has some rope laying around. Not everyone has a milk crate or similar and not everyone has some rope, this is about good ideas to solve problems with materials on hand.

I have a knot book at home with the perfect continuous knot made just for this purpose. I've always meant to break out the rope and do it, but it's been a long time since I've used my glass carboy I just never had a need.

This is an old thread, but I was eyeing my wife's Walmart bag and thought it would make a good carboy hauler. It fits perfectly.

wmtreusable-bag-003.jpg

I don't know how much weight they are rated to hold, but you could use 2 inside each other if that worries you.

Back