Do my hops have a disease?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggben

Reaction score
Yesterday we had a ton of rain and hail. (My hops are in 20+ inch pots just FYI). Today I went out to check them and noticed on my cascades a web like substance that has a glisten like snail slime spread across the soil of my hops. Along with this I noticed that the leaves near the bottom are decaying from the edge of the leaves inwards. Is it over watered or a disease?

image-734469260.jpg

image-1529376928.jpg

Some kinda mold, maybe?

I was trying to propagate my centennial with clippings, got several of them to root, but had something similar-looking take out every last one. :(

I'd be very interested to know what that stuff is, and more importantly, how to kill it without also doing in the hop itself.

Yeah I do, but maybe I should add a few more? It has one large one in the middle. That was how it came from the Home Depot. I also am using a potting mix that drains pretty well, but like I said it poured buckets of rain down for two days straight to where I finally had to pull it out if the rain.

How old are the plants?

Some indoor plants can suffer from this due to the roots being constricted inside the container.

if the plant is several years old i can see it outgrowing even a 21 inch pot.

Back