I guess I'm a drug dealer now?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gustavo

Reaction score
Well I moved to my new house about a month ago. I have the nosiest neighbor ever!!!!! Well long story short last week while I was brewing I could see them peeking threw the fence, the whole time!! They actually took turns spying on me. Well today the neighbor across the street told me thy were going around the block saying I was cooking meth, an to be careful. LMAO. DAMN

Nip it in the bud, invite them over for a beer, or bring a few over to their yard and introduce yourself the next time they're out puttering around. Especially if you plan on being in the neighborhood any length of time. There have been a few poss on here about people being "raided" and having their gear tossed around by the police because someone dropped a dime on them.

Is it right? Is it any of their business? No, but that doesn't really matter, does it?

You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar, a couple of hours and a few homebrews early on may just save you from headaches later.

my $0.02
:mug:

Id just light the fence up with my paintball gun when i saw them peeking through. It wouldnt work since i have the chain link fence stuff in my backyard, or maybe that would work better :D

I agree! Say they're polygamists, and he was showing all his wives the evil homebrewer!!! :)

Like this? :ban:

polygamy-porter.jpg

I agree with the posters that said to visit them and offer them some beer. And do it soon, you don't want to deal with a police raid kinda headache. Not worth the risk since they are already telling everyone you are cooking meth.

Yeah, I love all the eff with the neighbors ideas, and that's totally what they deserve. But unless you want to give the cops a tour of your brewery after they report your drug lab, it's best to give them a heads up.

I wouldn't give them any beer though. Nosy b@stards don't deserve any!

Better yet, if it isn't a hassel, brew in your drive way so everyone can see on a saturday afternoon.

Qhrumphf said:
Bring over some ziplock bags full of corn sugar, DME, whole hops and clear rock Belgian candi sugar. Offer to sell them some.

:rockin:

Phucking clever... Man that's funny!

But giving them a heads up will save you some grief in the long run.

I dunno, maybe it is the fence. Tear it down. Good fences make good neighbors? Baloney.

When I brew my neighbors say "looks like Doug is thirsty!" and come over for a pint.

Build a wall,and tell them to leave you and your drug brewing alone.Align the top of the wall with a system of continuous syringes to keep them from climbing it and peeking.

Invite them over for a beer, but be prepared for visitors every time they see you outside :)

We bought a second house in PHX, and Mr. Zamboni was convinced that the previous owners had lined the garage with fabric to filter the meth-cooking odors. We talked to the neighbors and it turns out that all five million staples were from the awesome haunted house they hosted every Halloween.

Polygamy Porter one excellent beer. I use to drink it all the time when I was stationed in UT.
I say call the cops over and offer them a beer or at least let them know what you do and that you fully expect the neighbors to call you in as a meth cooker because they are telling the neighbors that. Then the cops can tell the neighbors to p!ss off.

Report the peeping toms to the cops!

Ok seriously, invite them over, but first call them out while they are spying and After they have a beer say... You guys seem alright, the neighbors warned me you were a bunch of polygamists or pedophiles or something.

Report the peeping toms to the cops!

Ok seriously, invite them over, but first call them out while they are spying and After they have a beer say... You guys seem alright, the neighbors warned me you were a bunch of polygamists or pedophiles or something.

+1
that would be epic

I think I'd almost rather deal with the cops than try to "make nice" with people who've already shown that they're willing to spread a blatant, unfounded lie around your neighborhood. Not the kind of folks I want to be friends with...I'd rather share the beer with off-duty cops.

Well, I tried talking to them today and the guy just ignored me and went inside. I had the opportunity to talk to the local PD. The officer laughed and said. Yup you in fact have some nosy neighbors. They call the PD at least once a week about suspicious activity. Guess I'm stuck

Sucks man, it might be worth one more try or a front yard brew sesh.

:off: BTW, I think Polygamy Porter is an awful beer -- it's like watered down coffee.

RDWHAHB.....If the the cops raid you sue the hops out of them. If they come to your door asking questions invite them back when they are off duty for a home brew. Your not doing anything illegal! You have the law on your side. Let your neighbors think what they will. Cops drink beer too a lot of them brew. 99% of the time they have better things to do than respond to the nosy uneducated neighbors. I think in most cases there has to be good evidence for them to take serious action... My 2c

If I was u since it is your side of the fence... Fill in the holes so they cant spy on you... Also I would brew alot more, that way if they call the cops ou can sue them with harassment. Sue the pants off them so you can buy there house. Ya, Full house to brew in. Swmbo won't bother yelling at you for making a mess.

Invite them for a homebrew, explain what you're doing and they'll change from suspicious to groupies.
+1 on the invite. I would wait till your brewing your next batch of "Meth" and invite them over for a couple bumps. If you do it right you will have a free watchdog. You'll never have to worry again about someone stealing a batch. A good Barley or strong Doppel Bock should do it. Just give em a good buzz and send em staggering home.
Bob

Gustavo said:
Well, I tried talking to them today and the guy just ignored me and went inside. I had the opportunity to talk to the local PD. The officer laughed and said. Yup you in fact have some nosy neighbors. They call the PD at least once a week about suspicious activity. Guess I'm stuck

Right, so then you can blare the music and brew nekkid. In fact, you need to start faking some cult ceremony at least once a month.

As long as you are legal, ethical and moral screw em. If the invite fails, throw a big brew party and crank up the music. Some dark death goth and some racy wimmen should do just fine. Too bad you didnt know you had Barney Fife livin next door. That sucks.
Bob

Back